Will rooting make my Thunderbolt better

I have no issues works perfect battery is good no reboots

I know as with all Android phones bloat is an issue ads also

My incredible being rooted made it a better phone

I would like to root keep OEM and debloat what i want that seemed to be the best option on the incredible.

Next ?

If rooted is the full functions of Clockwork availlable -

Thanks in advance.
    05-24-2011 08:14 AM
    Will rooting make my Thunderbolt better

I have no issues works perfect battery is good no reboots

I know as with all Android phones bloat is an issue ads also

My incredible being rooted made it a better phone

I would like to root keep OEM and debloat what i want that seemed to be the best option on the incredible.

Next ?

If rooted is the full functions of Clockwork availlable -

Thanks in advance.
    Not really. The thunderbolt is a natural battery hog. You won't notice that much of a difference unless you swap roms out and kernels. As to your last question, you can't have clockwork mod unless you are rooted. so yeah.
    ghamden likes this.
    05-24-2011 08:34 AM
    If your Thunderbolt is really working great at the moment, you probably shouldn't root. More than likely, rooting will improve your already great experience, but there is the off chance it won't go as planned and maybe your battery life takes a dip or whatever.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it // leave well enough alone. If either of those apply to you, you should wait until they no longer apply before rooting.
    ghamden likes this.
    05-24-2011 08:56 AM
    My wife and I both have bolts, mine is rooted with a custom ROM and kernal and hers is not rooted.

We have roughly the same activity, though she talks more and I surf and download more. Both of our phones are very stable.

Mine has a better battery life, even with angry birds and sudoku.

I believe that my phone is prettier, just because I've taken some effort (about half an hour) to put in new icons, widgets, wallpaper, etc. So if any of that interests you, rooting is certainly an option.

I probably could have been happy with it unrooted, but I'm a tinkerer at heart and I wanted the best possible experience, so I rooted and haven't regretted it for a second.
    05-24-2011 10:09 AM
    If you root your thunderbolt and flash a kernal thats built to conserve power than your batterylife will improve signifigantly. My Huawei Ascend is running Kmob's kernal, its great for battery life not sure if they have made it compatible with the Thunderbolt yet. Maybe someone in the root and rom forums can reccomend a good power saving kernal for you. And another thing about being rooted, if you get a program like set cpu you can make your cpu underclock at certain times like screen off and have it overclock when its charging thst way when your not using it its barely putting your cpu to work but when you don't have to worry about the battery(Charing it) you can get the most out of the cpu. I hear bolt clocks stabily to 1.5gz, after 1.5gz i'm not sure how much more stable it can get. And if you root get busy box and super user, they are a must have for root users.
    05-24-2011 10:51 AM
    Thanks for all the input

I have again joined the ranks of the rooted
    05-24-2011 10:58 AM
    Thanks for all the input

I have again joined the ranks of the rooted
    I was thinking of making a signature banner that says "Club SuperUser" or something like that.
    05-24-2011 11:04 AM
    If you root your thunderbolt and flash a kernal thats built to conserve power than your batterylife will improve signifigantly. My Huawei Ascend is running Kmob's kernal, its great for battery life not sure if they have made it compatible with the Thunderbolt yet. Maybe someone in the root and rom forums can reccomend a good power saving kernal for you. And another thing about being rooted, if you get a program like set cpu you can make your cpu underclock at certain times like screen off and have it overclock when its charging thst way when your not using it its barely putting your cpu to work but when you don't have to worry about the battery(Charing it) you can get the most out of the cpu. I hear bolt clocks stabily to 1.5gz, after 1.5gz i'm not sure how much more stable it can get. And if you root get busy box and super user, they are a must have for root users.
    Wow, I can't believe I'm in agreement with you for once.

To the OP the development community for this phone is incredible. There is so many options to choose from, and if you get the right combination of ROM/kernel it will make a huge difference over stock. I would recommend das BAMF, whether that be the Remix or Non themed versions. Both are very stable, and the most popular sense based ROMS. Gingerbread ROMS are also available, but not as stable just yet.

There are some excellent guides up in the rooting sub-forum, and plenty of people to help you along the way. Good luck and remember to follow directions closely, ask questions and you should be trouble free. Good luck
    05-24-2011 12:20 PM
    Rooting is the only way to go with this phone......I am running the BAMF 2.01-5 and love IT....Rocking Gingerbread and Sense 2.1 with some Sense 3.0 thrown it on top of it......best thing I have done.
    nate44 likes this.
    05-24-2011 12:59 PM
    Rooting will make your phone better IF you don't mind messing around with your phone and its settings regularly. If you think you will be annoyed or won't have time to learn a bunch of stuff, tweak things, etc, you probably shouldn't root.

If you don't mind or would like the hobby of toying with your phone, roms, kernels, mods, etc, then you should root and you can customize your phone the way you like, or change your phone around every day (note: you can root and put a rom on your phone and just leave it, and never mess around with it, but you will still have to learn the ropes enough to deal with any problems that MAY, but are not entirely likely, to occur).
    05-24-2011 03:18 PM
    Rooting will make your phone better IF you don't mind messing around with your phone and its settings regularly. If you think you will be annoyed or won't have time to learn a bunch of stuff, tweak things, etc, you probably shouldn't root.

If you don't mind or would like the hobby of toying with your phone, roms, kernels, mods, etc, then you should root and you can customize your phone the way you like, or change your phone around every day (note: you can root and put a rom on your phone and just leave it, and never mess around with it, but you will still have to learn the ropes enough to deal with any problems that MAY, but are not entirely likely, to occur).
    I agree with this whole-heartedly. I have a few friends who have asked me if I can root their phone for them, and I almost always answer "no"...it's really something you need to do yourself, otherwise there's no reason to have it rooted in the first place.

It's funny, to some, stuff like that is a negative selling point, "I just want it to work the way its supposed to out of the box!!!". Many of those people own an iPhone.

Many others, like myself, will continue to tinker with their device even if they are completely happy with the way it's currently running, because it can be so habit forming. Many of these people own an Android.

Not saying anything bad about either group, just personal preference I guess. I, for example, would not want the same experience with my car, but to others tinkering around with cars is a hobby or even an obsession.
    05-24-2011 03:53 PM
    I agree with this whole-heartedly. I have a few friends who have asked me if I can root their phone for them, and I almost always answer "no"...it's really something you need to do yourself, otherwise there's no reason to have it rooted in the first place.

It's funny, to some, stuff like that is a negative selling point, "I just want it to work the way its supposed to out of the box!!!". Many of those people own an iPhone.

Many others, like myself, will continue to tinker with their device even if they are completely happy with the way it's currently running, because it can be so habit forming. Many of these people own an Android.

Not saying anything bad about either group, just personal preference I guess. I, for example, would not want the same experience with my car, but to others tinkering around with cars is a hobby or even an obsession.
    same here. been asked a few times to root phones for people but it would definitely not be worth it for them unless they do their homework and read, and basically learn to do these things for themselves.
    05-24-2011 04:41 PM
    Rooting is a hobby. You can make your phone yours in so many ways. I love to change the way my phone looks and save as much battery as possible. The TB is the 4g flagship of Big Red so the devs are hard at work to show what they got from looks, batterylife, speed,and UI.I'm about to root my TB this weekend.
    05-24-2011 08:22 PM
    Rooting is the only way to go with this phone......I am running the BAMF 2.01-5 and love IT....Rocking Gingerbread and Sense 2.1 with some Sense 3.0 thrown it on top of it......best thing I have done.
    I couldn't agree more. Loving bamf gb 2.0beta5, running flawless and i swear has increased my user experience by 10x. It's like a whole new phone.
    nate44 likes this.
    05-24-2011 09:00 PM
    There are many benefits to rooting and running custom ROMs on your phone, but keep in mind that there is a bunch of stuff to learn, and a couple dozen ways to mess up your phone.

I don't want to scare you, but there is chance that you can brick your phone.

Even if you don't mess up your phone, it isn't something that can be done in 15 minutes. I was rooted and running ROMs quite a lot on the DX, and I thought that I knew everything that there was to know, but going to a TB, I was shocked over what I didn't know...

Just know that there is a ton of stuff to learn, and a really helpful community of guys and gals here to help you out if you decide to take the plunge.

Personally, I tried out a ton of ROMs, kernels, and themes, and they were a lot of fun, but once I walked in on my ten month old kid with my TB in his mouth, and covered in slobber, I decided to go back to stock.
    nate44 likes this.
    05-24-2011 09:25 PM
    05-24-2011 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD