Is Gmail your primary email account?

Is Gmail your primary email account?

• Total voters

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Gmail is my primary for everything (love it) and then I have an old Hotmail account that I've been trying to ween myself off of for years but is still linked to too much important stuff.

gmail for bills, ordering.

comcast for everything else.

but my main is comcast

After the AOL (lulz :-[ ) pain in the butt many moons ago, I will never use any email account that ties me to a product.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes! When phones first had email addresses I useless my @mmode.com address for years. Then when the Cingular/AT&T buyout happened I lost that address. What a hassle!

Since then it's been gmail so I cam roam freely.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
had yahoo/hotmail/roadrunner--now gmail as primary, hotmail for all spam emails (dominoes pizza/papajohns/band mailing lists, etc)

gmail is just...better.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have 4 different email account that I have forwarded to my Gmail account. I find it much easier on my phone and tab to have all emails in 1 spot rather then 5 seperate accounts. I do use multiply folders/labels set up in my Gmail accout to keep everything organized. I very happy with the Gamil account it beats all the other IMO.

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Primary is my corporate exchange account, next is 2 Bellsouth accounts, Gmail I setup for junk, however I am starting to use it more and more.

tarn451

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I have AOL(mom set it up in 2000), Yahoo, Gmail. Gmail is my main account for important things, Yahoo is for Facebook, AOL is for everything else.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes.

I also have yahoo (YMAIL) and aol. Before gmail, my primary was hotmail which I don't use anymore.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Went with GMail when I switched from BB to INC on release. As with INC GMail is flawless with TB and easier to set up, sync and maintain. Have GMail and Google Contacts and Calendar set to sync to phone and Outlook. Everything works great.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Nothing not to love about GMail. Been using the service since launch in 2004, never looked back. Once you get past the "why can't I have folders?!?" mentality and learn how to use labels, you realize just how much better a system it can be. The web client is also better, IMO, than any of the others out there.

I've always steered clear of using my Verizon, Comcast, Cox, etc, email accounts for anything because what happens when I move and/or no longer require their service that my email address is attached to?

It seems that ANY advancements ANY of the other major email providers (hotmail, yahoo, etc) have added were in response to what GMail decided to offer on their own.

I've owned a BlackBerry since 2007, and now own an Android device, and the ease to which the contacts and calendar sync from web to either type of device is fantastic as well. I haven't had to worry about backing up contacts in a long time.

Reactions: Chrisy

EricWiz

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I answered yes but only because it was the best option. It is my primary personal email. I have a primary work email as well. Both are on my phone and both are sort of equal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty