Samsung Charge Free of Charge!!

MOTOX2

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
i tried to have the thunderbolt replaced again today. All they offered me was another refurbished thunderbolt. I was told they don't do multi fru replacements anymore. She suggested i sell the tb on craigslist and buy a new phone if i don't like it.

wtf? A verizon rep said go sell it on craigs list and go buy a new one....where the f...do you live? Lol

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I tried to have the thunderbolt replaced again today. All they offered me was another refurbished thunderbolt. I was told they don't do multi fru replacements anymore. She suggested I sell the tb on Craigslist and buy a new phone if I don't like it.

you'd have a tough time getting a new one from vzw, their standard policy is a refurb.

btw, their 100+point inspection doesn't directly cover most of the problems with the tb such as frequent restarts, high drain idle, gps lock problem, etc. so most likely, the same phones with problems are passed around and around...

DroidnOk

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The Charge is actually a pretty decent device. I was in a verizon store the other day checking one out. Im not a fan of Touch Wiz though. I downloaded Go Launcher Ex on the device while in store and thought it was much better than the stock UI on that phone. Good Luck to you and your Wife. Im sure she'll enjoy it :)

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
btw, their 100+point inspection doesn't directly cover most of the problems with the tb such as frequent restarts, high drain idle, gps lock problem, etc. so most likely, the same phones with problems are passed around and around...

After seeing some of the phones they've sent, their 100pt inspection is BS anyways.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
After seeing some of the phones they've sent, their 100pt inspection is BS anyways.

Such is true of a number of certification programs. My point is, even if they follow the procedure, it does not have them directly check most of the issues people are having

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The Charge is actually a pretty decent device. I was in a verizon store the other day checking one out. Im not a fan of Touch Wiz though. I downloaded Go Launcher Ex on the device while in store and thought it was much better than the stock UI on that phone. Good Luck to you and your Wife. Im sure she'll enjoy it :)

Yeah I agree with you about the charge. Spotted a working demo model at bb and tried it out. Really didn't like touchwiz but downloading launcher pro made it much better. Screen is very nice, and it's nice and light. Didn't really mind the clicky buttons either. Would prevent accidental presses.

Is the battery life actually substantially better? And how is the gps with locking onto a signal?

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I agree with you about the charge. Spotted a working demo model at bb and tried it out. Really didn't like touchwiz but downloading launcher pro made it much better. Screen is very nice, and it's nice and light. Didn't really mind the clicky buttons either. Would prevent accidental presses.

Is the battery life actually substantially better? And how is the gps with locking onto a signal?

Wifey loves so do I battery life is slightly better GPS works fine. The speed that all emails push at is out of this world. Everything seems to work well on this handset.

Gravytrain

May 11, 2011
Visit site
VZW sent out my 4th phone today and he said he's going to Call me Tuesday for an update and if things aren't fixed, he would give me a new device to try.. very nice fella.

BTW, if you would happen to hate the charge, will they let you go back to tbolt?

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I had several bad refurbished phones sent out, and they finally offered me any handset I wanted. I told them I wanted a NEW Thunderbolt, and they finally caved. Here's what she did. Moved my upgrade date ahead by 22 months and then gave me the phone for $100 off. So, I'm paying $150+ tax for the phone and it extended my contact by 2 months....big deal. Now I will still have my old one, which she suggested I sell to recoop my money. I told her I wouldn't wish that device on my worst enemy, and that's when she told me about the trade in program. I can send my old one back and they'll give me $240 for it! Either way, I'm money ahead and my new Bolt will be here today.

Oh yeah, and they gave me a free extended battery, screen protectors and a car charger. It took about 6 calls and for bogus refurbished phones to get to this point though...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
why did they move your upgrade date by 22 months? even on a regular 2j year contract allows upgrade in 20 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000