Samsung Charge Free of Charge!!

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Wifie is having reboot issues with her phone mine is fine. So I called Verizon today and said look we have had this thing replaced several times now and we are still having bad reboot issues with this one handset. Verizon girl says Oh I know we are having issues with that handset since the software update what can we do to fix your problem. Startled I say.... Ahhhh I would like a handset that works properly....she says would you like to try a Charge instead?????? I'm like your going to send me a new phone Oh yea let me see if I have any in stock Oh yea I do I say OK! she says it will be FedEx overnight. WOW! Now im not a big fan of the phone but at least Wifie will have a new handset.

dannychaos

High Five Champion
Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Wow, thats pretty cool actually. I just got a replacement today for my TB but im not gonna send my old one back until I see the new one does work well.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Played around with a Charge today at the Verizon store. Nice screen although not a fan of the physical buttons. Although it's a matter of personal preference, I didn't find the Charge to be too "plasticky" as described by others.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
i've been having battery problems with my thunderbolt, saying how come the stock droid charge lasts 2 days with usage, while my ext batt tb won't even make it 24 hours on idle. talked to a 2nd level rep for a while and she basically said, what do you want to do, do you want a droid charge? if i had wanted one, i'm sure i could get one. though, the main reason for the phone is skype which the droid charge does not have, so i didn't persue that avenue.

btw, it seems like the ext battery is out everywhere, they wanted to send me a free ext battery, but could not since there were none in stock in their warehouse, and none in stock at my local store either. oh well.

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
yeah verizon tries to make their customers happy they did it for me a few times. but when i used the charge on a flash heavy website it fc all the time.

sheldonblack

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I've called Verizon twice now about my phone power cycling and can not get them to send me a replacement. I was told tonight that it will be fixed with there next update and to be patient. Im losing my patience with this phone and Verizon.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I've called Verizon twice now about my phone power cycling and can not get them to send me a replacement. I was told tonight that it will be fixed with there next update and to be patient. Im losing my patience with this phone and Verizon.

Call again ask for a supervisor. Keep calling until you get an agent that gives a $hit.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Call again ask for a supervisor. Keep calling until you get an agent that gives a $hit.

i agree. it really depends on who you get. also, you should talk to a 2nd level tech. the initial techs don't really answer anything beyond the very basic technical questions.

i had a first level tech tell me, "there is no troubleshooting guide for the thunderbolt". uh huh.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
yeah verizon tries to make their customers happy they did it for me a few times. but when i used the charge on a flash heavy website it fc all the time.

have you tried a third party browser like dolphin or did you use only the stock browser.

jason821

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I had a faulty power button on my first Tb. Then the replacement had screen separation problems. Now this third replacement shuts off in my pocket constantly. I've tried everything. When I called vzw they told me there isn't anything they can do about it. Should I try to go in a store and see what they say?

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Well here is how they exchanged it. The phone is not a refub that I can tell no added stickers of any kind. They sent a service replacement phone and all retail packaged accessories including the battery and the battery door that did not come with the phone itself.

MOTOX2

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
So do you think if i start a "fit" in a vzw corporate store...they will give me the new one as well as if i say i did the master reset and the ota and it still reboots....mine also has gps, screen issues....keyboard issues...and just shuts off...not even reboots sometimes...

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
So do you think if i start a "fit" in a vzw corporate store...they will give me the new one as well as if i say i did the master reset and the ota and it still reboots....mine also has gps, screen issues....keyboard issues...and just shuts off...not even reboots sometimes...

Im not sure how far you will get in a store, I did this all through tech support on the phone.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

did you get a replacement phone yet?

MOTOX2

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
did you get a replacement phone yet?
@androidxtc- Im not sure how far you will get in a store, I did this all through tech support on the phone.

Im going friday to the vzw corporate store here on university in FL....there pretty nice and if they don't give me a new phone...not refurbished...new...i paid 600 out for a defective screen, no typing, short circuited, short battery life, almost no gps phone....no...if not ill call corporate...

If by the end of an hour or 2 i don't have one, htc will be hearing from me...

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
@androidxtc- Im not sure how far you will get in a store, I did this all through tech support on the phone.

Im going friday to the vzw corporate store here on university in FL....there pretty nice and if they don't give me a new phone...not refurbished...new...i paid 600 out for a defective screen, no typing, short circuited, short battery life, almost no gps phone....no...if not ill call corporate...

If by the end of an hour or 2 i don't have one, htc will be hearing from me...

Shhhhhhhhhhh...Me Likie Chargie :)

jason821

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I tried to have the thunderbolt replaced again today. All they offered me was another refurbished thunderbolt. I was told they don't do multi fru replacements anymore. She suggested I sell the tb on Craigslist and buy a new phone if I don't like it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01