Picture taking question

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
This is a very basic question: when taking a picture is it better to just tap the shutter button or hold it down until it snaps? Both work and I can't really tell which is taking better pictures.

Is there a thread giving tips for taking better pictures with this or another HTC camera?

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
do you have auto focus on? that's going to be the main factor.
note:: if auto focus is turned off, holding the Shutter button will actually focus the image before taking the picture

**camera facing down, pivoted up towards image
focus off, quick tap=blurry (almost instantaneous capture of image)
focus off, long tap=crisp (auto focus is enabled when long-pressing button) (about 3 seconds to capture image)

**camera facing down, pivoted up towards image
focus on, quick tap=crisp (about 1 second to capture image)
focus on, long tap=crisp (about 3 seconds to capture image)

All the pictures i took were same distance, lighting & of same subject.

mcs1990

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
With autofocus on, they should both take the same quality picture. You can check to make sure the camera auto focus, my just pointing the camera at objects of different distances away. I always like to hold the shutter button so it refocuses before the picture is taken.

However if you can only focus on things in the center of the screen using the long press (unless it detects faces). Tapping on the screen to focus, then tapping of the shutter button lets you focus the lens where you want it and then take a picture.