HTC said what?....

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm confused...the Thunderbolt already has a locked bootloader, right? Which has already been figured out, right? Why is this such a hot topic all of a sudden?

To clarify, I understand the argument, just not timing of the public outrage...unless I'm missing something?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused...the Thunderbolt already has a locked bootloader, right? Which has already been figured out, right? Why is this such a hot topic all of a sudden?

To clarify, I understand the argument, just not timing of the public outrage...unless I'm missing something?

The outrage is more of upcoming devices like the evo 3d and the sensation which have locked bootloaders (throw in incredible s/2 in there as well).

kurttrail

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Because rooting a Bolt is a real PITA. As long as rooting requires flashing multiple images and adb, then rooting is limited to the technically literate, and that's a small fraction of android users.

One click rooting apps open up rooting and its benefits to a much larger amount of users, many of whom had that option on their previous android phone.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Because rooting a Bolt is a real PITA. As long as rooting requires flashing multiple images and adb, then rooting is limited to the technically literate, and that's a small fraction of android users.

One click rooting apps open up rooting and its benefits to a much larger amount of users, many of whom had that option on their previous android phone.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Fair enough I guess, I just wasn't sure if I was missing something...