t-bolt going to news feeds app

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Just checked the settings and didn't see anything you could change. I have never heard of this before, have you tried to clear cache and data in the news app? If that doesn't work I'm not sure what to do but I will look around for you.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I was about to make a thread on this, I don't even know how to open it myself but every time I wake up it's on that stupid rss screen

smoother#AC

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Same here, news feed appears randomly quite often. Ever since I set it up a couple months ago, I can't get it to update with new stories. I tried to unsubscribe from everything, and it just says "cannot unsubscribe".

dccapo

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I had both of those issues (RSS feeds randomly popping up and not updating news stories).

What worked for me, was I just did a force close and cleared the cache. I restarted my phone and when I opened up the news feeds, it just automatically updated itself, while also taking care of the pop up problem. More than likely, it had something to do with a new app or my lancher.

If u want to avoid this problem altogether, I would suggest just downloading the official Google Reader or GReader. I have the latter, and couldn't be happier. Hope that helps.

Reactions: smoother#AC

smoother#AC

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I had both of those issues (RSS feeds randomly popping up and not updating news stories).

What worked for me, was I just did a force close and cleared the cache. I restarted my phone and when I opened up the news feeds, it just automatically updated itself, while also taking care of the pop up problem. More than likely, it had something to do with a new app or my lancher.

If u want to avoid this problem altogether, I would suggest just downloading the official Google Reader or GReader. I have the latter, and couldn't be happier. Hope that helps.

Thanks for this info. That brings up an annoyance...most apps don't seem to have an official "exit" button. You just have to back your way out of everything. I'm a smartphone newb, so I may be missing something, but I just checked my Manage Applications, and I am shocked how many apps are "running".

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for this info. That brings up an annoyance...most apps don't seem to have an official "exit" button. You just have to back your way out of everything. I'm a smartphone newb, so I may be missing something, but I just checked my Manage Applications, and I am shocked how many apps are "running".

Yeah, that's standard Android. However, Froyo and later will take care of most open and unused apps. However, this doesn't apply to apps that has permission to "keep phone from sleeping".

Reactions: smoother#AC

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance