Fixed/certified by Verizon or HTC?

kanai

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I always had this question but didn't have a chance to ask it before. Are returned defective phones fixed/checked by Verizon or HTC to become certified like new phones?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I always had this question but didn't have a chance to ask it before. Are returned defective phones fixed/checked by Verizon or HTC to become certified like new phones?

Yes, although it seems to be a crap-shoot as to weather they actually fix the problem it had or not and just repackage and re-sticker it. I've had both experiences.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Verizon sends them off to authorized service centers; not back to the manufacturer. The ASC may send it back to the manufacturer from time to time.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

Yes they are. They are usually re cased and have new digitizers (the outer glass screen) installed. They are done NOT by HTC but by a third party vendor New Breed Logistics out of Fort Worth TX. This makes me wonder if the handsets have any HTC warranty at all since HTC is not the servicer. I think Verizon is the warranter after the sale otherwise you would get a loaner phone and send your defective phone to an HTC owned service center for repair.

http://www.newbreed.com/

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC