Move Slow while charging

quanb24

Jan 31, 2011
www.twitter.com
when I'm charging my phone it moves incredibly slow but soon I take my phone off the charger it moves normal speed anybody know what cause this?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

angus_3

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine does this as well, and so did my Moto Droid. I believe its just something that happens to the capacitive touch screen when the phone is getting toward the full side on charging. As soon as i unplug mine it goes back to normal as well. So i dont think this is anything to stress about.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
This has to do with the charger that you are using. I have one Verizon charger that slows down my TB, but other chargers (including the charger that comes with the TB) work fine.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
The electrical noise of the charger appears to interfere with the capacitive screen.

I have had it happen a couple of times and just unplugged the charger.

I'm positive that a good ferrite bead on the cable will help. I need to reproduce it and try one. I have a plentiful supply of ferrites to try.

Reactions: Chrisy

angus_3

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
This has to do with the charger that you are using. I have one Verizon charger that slows down my TB, but other chargers (including the charger that comes with the TB) work fine.
I dont think this is correct, because i experience this when using the standard Tbolt charger, car chargers, and even my girls moto droid charger.

xeon711

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
The electrical noise of the charger appears to interfere with the capacitive screen.

I have had it happen a couple of times and just unplugged the charger.

I'm positive that a good ferrite bead on the cable will help. I need to reproduce it and try one. I have a plentiful supply of ferrites to try.
I tried this and did not succeed. I clamped on a few TDK ferrite beads and it did not change a thing. I even looped the cable through and kept adding beads until I had four on the 9ft USB cable that came with my Verizon ECO charger. However this charger works fine at work when its plugged into the surge side of my battery backup. The battery backup is doing some line conditioning. I also read in another post someone just plugged the charger into a surge protector and all was good. At home the charger is plugged directly into the wall and causes the lag on the phone. Will try a surge protector at home to see if it really cures it...

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I've never had this happen. I mostly use the OEM charger and the OEM car charger, but have other cables I use too and still never seen it. Just giving info.

DMBMARKT

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Mine just started doing this yesterday. I've had the phone since day 1. Another funny thing happened yesterday, unrelated I'm sure, but my screen protector peeled back and got a bunch of dust and stuff under there. I've got a new screen protector on the way, but I've never seen this issue before that happened. Just a coincidence?