Replacement Bolt Procedure

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Guys, I think I'm going to try getting a warranty Bolt to get rid of the random reboots if they're offering them up. What have you all been doing to get it done - walking into the Verizon store unannounced, calling support first ...? If you've gone into the store, have you had problems with Verizon reps not having any idea what you're talking about, etc?

Still burns me to consider doing this ... to get a refurbed not-brand-new phone to replace the one that WAS just fine before they tried to OTA fix it. Where's the justice there? I keep my in virtually new condition, but this reboot issue is so maddening that I'll actually have to take a formerly-damaged.

Thank in advance for your feedback gang ...

Greg

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I called but am on #4 and am considering a charge lol because once the refurbished ball rolls it never seems to stop. Although many have had great luck with replacements so I would do it and if they send you a worse one send it back and keep yours.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! So you called and had it mailed to you ...

Anybody take it back to the Verizon store and actually been given one there?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I took one to a store and they had one shipped and the others shipped over the phone.

Heh, so you've gone about it every which-way. I'm just trying to figure if I should bother wasting any of my Saturday on it. Frustrating (obviously). I just so don't ant to introduce any problems I don't already have.

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I would call to be honest. It's much easier and the store might give you attitude. Some on the phone though say its a known issue so they won't replace it until the new update comes which could be in a month lol so call back if that happens.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I will say though that hardware wise all of my replacements have been fine.

Interesting .. so no blemishes, etc? "Looks" for the most part new? You're saying that it's just continued software issues that bother you on the replacements ...

I'm thinking I do this once, just go undo the OTA, and if it doesn't solve my problems (and the physical piece of hardware is clean), I'll wait it out for the Gingerbread update, which I assume at this point will be what fixes this.

The "known issue" comment is also interesting. I thought it was basically a Verizon "official decision" that we take this route if frustrated enough?

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I would hold off because the update installs automatically. I went to the bathroom and it installed on one replacement before I could stop it so.if no other problems then I would wait because all my replacements had the same issue after the update.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Hmm .. I had an "install later" button or something like that with this on, if I remember right.

mercury694

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
My 2nd replacement was also "like new", and had no blemishes whatsoever. My first replacement was in store for a volume down toggle not working, and the store was very polite and apologetic. I had the phone for less than one day when I discovered the flaw. If it had been longer, I don't know what they'd have done. I have either not had the firmware update, or it didn't effect the new device. Either way, it's working now and not rebooting 5 times a day. The only cost to me was 2 of my 3 screen protectors were wasted, ~$10.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Merc, (you too cbuzz!) thanks for chiming in. You guys are boosting my confidence in this whole thing. NOW to take on the thought of all the manual reinstalls of these apps and settings ....

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey those if you guys getting replacements .. what is activation like? Pop in the SIMM card and off you go?

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey those if you guys getting replacements .. what is activation like? Pop in the SIMM card and off you go?

Yep,mine was that easy, you have to wait for it to go throught all the downloading process and loading all your stuff back in.....Then off you go.

mercury694

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Me too, I did nothing but change the SIM, SD, and battery over to the new device and turn it on. It did take a few minutes to boot up and sync all my apps, but I think I only needed to reinstall 2 or 3- the rest just happened. I did lose user data, like what level of angry birds I was on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781