Do we, as a group, expect our ThunderBolts to be too perfect?

• Total voters

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Judging from the rate of replacements here, I have this question.

Yes

No

Maybe

-Frank

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Me... no... I think most just want a device that delivers what a Smartphone should deliver - their email, data and a good smartphone experience (data on the go).

I've not had any real issues with my Tbolt.

biogon

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
No.

I have never, EVER had a smartphone whose data connection turned itself off when you sleep it. That sort of defeats the purpose of notifications, doesn't it?

I have also never, EVER, had a _phone_ that would randomly reboot at least once, if not more times, every day, draining 15-20% of the battery each time.

I am most definitely not expecting too much. The problems I have are similar to ones other people have.

Bleeds

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I registered here looking for insight because I'm making the jump from AT&T. I was really considering the TB because I want a 4G phone, but I'm definitely scared of making that plunge.

FWIW based on what I've read, you guys are definitely NOT expecting too much. Some of these problems are absurdly egregious.

bthomp21

Banned
Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Having a smart phone, no. Having an android smart phone, definitely not. I just don't give up that easy and start threads bad mouthing the TB rather than looking for a solution in the time it takes to figure the problem out. I love my TB.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Maybe...

I love my Bolt and don't have most of the issues that others have or I don't let the them bother me so maybe I don't notice like they do. That being said, a lot of the gripes are legitimate. Stuff like rebooting and other things that literally don't work the way their supposed to (sorry, can't think of anything else right now, crispy) are legitimate gripes. Then again if you think how young the technology is (Android, LTE, the Bolt) overall and how much amazingness that is packed into this phone you are going to have some kinks. Living on the cutting edge... not that all phones don't have their issues anyway, old and new.

Also, even of the first one was a disaster, better updates will come. Remember we are not even 3 months deep.

Last edited:

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
If by too perfect you mean delivering MORE than promised - then no.

If by too perfect you mean delivering a phone that works - then yes.

Blunt88

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
just want the basics

all I really want is for the basics that are supposed to work and, more importantly, that work on most other high-end phones, to work properly.
Specifically I think it isn't expecting too much for GPS to work properly and for the phone to not reboot in the middle of phone calls... call me picky....... :p

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
i think some of you have problems that should not be happening.

mine doesnt die in 5 hours without using it
my data doesnt shut off
dont have 20% battery drain on reboot either

biogon

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Yep! Exactly why I want a replacement! :)

I'm glad there are people with working phones without problems.

That means that given enough replacements, I'll get a working one. I wonder if there are different factories or different lines, one that has something that's not quite right.

-j

i think some of you have problems that should not be happening.

mine doesnt die in 5 hours without using it
my data doesnt shut off
dont have 20% battery drain on reboot either

biogon

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
oh yeah.

I forgot about the GPS problem. yeah, mine won't lock until i go to GPS status and clear A-GPS status and re-download it.

I have to re-do that every day...

all I really want is for the basics that are supposed to work and, more importantly, that work on most other high-end phones, to work properly.
Specifically I think it isn't expecting too much for GPS to work properly and for the phone to not reboot in the middle of phone calls... call me picky....... :p

Blunt88

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
it'd be one thing...

Maybe...

I love my Bolt and don't have most of the issues that others have or I don't let the them bother me so maybe I don't notice like they do. That being said, a lot of the gripes are legitimate. Stuff like rebooting and other things that literally don't work the way their supposed to (sorry, can't think of anything else right now, crispy) are legitimate gripes. Then again if you think how young the technology is (Android, LTE, the Bolt) overall and how much amazingness that is packed into this phone you are going to have some kinks. Living on the cutting edge... not that all phones don't have their issues anyway, old and new.

Also, even of the first one was a disaster, better updates will come. Remember we are not even 3 months deep.

It'd be one thing if the standard was that issues like poor battery life, rebooting and GPS working intermittently. However that is NOT the standard. With most every other smart phone in the market, HTC or otherwise, the GPS works, the battery is decent and, shocker of shockers, the phone stays on unless you turn it off....
This whole conversation reminds me of the threads and forums back when the Blackberry Storm 1 came out. For months we tried to support RIM and the phone and convince ourselves it wasn't a big mess. Are we not doing the same thing here? I mean the HTC Incredible 1 worked properly from day 1.
In short, not we aren't expecting too much, only the industry standard for a top end, top money phone.
:mad:

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
It would be perfect if wasn't for my rooted random reboots and not-so-good battery life. (But that's what my external battery is for) Hehe

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech