What is the easiest way to tether a non-rooted phone?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I saw easy Tether on amazon Appstore for $5, i was wondering if there is a free app that can be used to tether for non-rooted phones?

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
If you don't want to root or pay for wireless tether you have to use one of the free wired tether apps in the market. Most of these apps are free but some require you to upgrade if you want to access secure sites.

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
The app "Tether" is pretty solid and I have transferred it from phone to phone since my Blackberry to Droid to Thunderbolt.

I think it is $30.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chrisy

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The app "Tether" is pretty solid and I have transferred it from phone to phone since my Blackberry to Droid to Thunderbolt.

I think it is $30.

Personally, before I would pay for a tethering app to circumvent the VZW tethering charge, I would wait to test it after June 15th.

-Frank

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I think it is $30.

I'm a fan of "Tether" app too. Used it for a year on my BlackBerry. Going to get it for Android when the free hotspot expires.

Tether

lapeter

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Unless something has changed, I had to pay $15.00 for the Tether app as I could not transfer it from my BB Storm2 to my TB. I emailed and asked them and they said have to repurchase. Curious what happened to you.

I'm a fan of "Tether" app too. Used it for a year on my BlackBerry. Going to get it for Android when the free hotspot expires.

Tether

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Unless something has changed, I had to pay $15.00 for the Tether app as I could not transfer it from my BB Storm2 to my TB. I emailed and asked them and they said have to repurchase. Curious what happened to you.

I expect I'll have to re-purchase it for my Android. I don't have a problem with that. Back in the day Tether was $50 for BlackBerry. Always worked well. They often had it for half priced too.

tcorkum

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Tether

I have the Tether program for the TB but had to pay as new when I changed over from BB. The only issues is that with the Android they do not support wireless connections other than that it works great.

hmfoster

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I also had used Tether on my BB. I contacted Tether when I went to the TB had to repurchase but they gave me a $5.00 discount. Works fine on my TB. Highly recommend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz