Hi, this is my first phone with verizon, and my first HTC as well. Initially i hated HTC but the TB was the only phone capable of 4G when i got the phone in April, ever since then, the phone grew on me, up until recently.

My phone is noticeably more slow than usual, especially when it force close. The sorry screen, "Activity Messages (in process com.android.mms) is not responding". i believe it to be my messages that are stored up but even so i clear them every night. i don't run any market app message and the phone is not rooted, but i am considering rooting it if i understand it more.

How can i get my message to speed up? usually when the phone is in the process of sending or trying to retrieve the message, EVERYTHING LAGS!!! i'm becoming more and more frustrated with this for the past week. I'm in dire need of help,

any suggestions?
    06-08-2011 12:04 AM
    Force close issues... go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > click on the application that is causing the issue... Clear cache, then Clear data... you might loose all your data, but you said you already cleared all you stored data anyways.

Lag issue with text messaging... I'd say that MIGHT be an issue with the default app... I prefer Go SMS... they have an option for "Lite Mode"... it's very fast and lite... you just need to disable the default SMS app from notifying you if you load a 3rd party app like this, but it's easy and in the help... it might be worth trying if you are having this type of issue... at least that is what I'd do... my 2 cents since no one else cares to put in their 2 cents.
    Bushido90 likes this.
    06-08-2011 07:37 AM
    wow, go sms is considerably much much better
    thanks a lot,
    i might try to root it sometimes later, but quick question, if i root now, will some games saved data will be deleted if you know?
    06-08-2011 11:59 AM
    wow, go sms is considerably much much better
    thanks a lot,
    i might try to root it sometimes later, but quick question, if i root now, will some games saved data will be deleted if you know?
    What you would want to do is get my backup pro from the market and back it all up before you do the root. Then you can restore them after. Data (game saves etc.) and apps.

Edit - Sorry.... "Users who have a rooted phone: You can backup apk+data as well as market links!"
    06-08-2011 12:18 PM
    Don't think it'll back up everything without root. Part of the root process is to gain temp root prior to flashing the downgrade ruu. Wonder if you can just install superuser there and use a backup app that requires root.
    SoDev and Bushido90 like this.
    06-08-2011 12:22 PM
    I believe you will loose your data if you root, and I don't think you can back that up without rooting... nice catch 22... but I'm not 100% sure about that. Any specific reason for rooting other than just being able to do it?
    SoDev and Bushido90 like this.
    06-08-2011 12:29 PM
    You guys are right, sorry, hate giving out false info. edited my post.

"Users who have a rooted phone: You can backup apk+data as well as market links!"
    Bushido90 likes this.
    06-08-2011 12:36 PM
    I believe you will loose your data if you root, and I don't think you can back that up without rooting... nice catch 22... but I'm not 100% sure about that. Any specific reason for rooting other than just being able to do it?
    well mostly to get rid of all the bloatware on the TB, such as blockbuster, verizon map, etc etc...
    because they're eating away my CPU usage
    06-09-2011 07:13 PM
    well mostly to get rid of all the bloatware on the TB, such as blockbuster, verizon map, etc etc...
    Unfortuntely, you will lose all your data during the root process. Before you proceed, take the time to read the stickied posts in the rooting subforum, and make sure youre
    06-09-2011 07:29 PM
    Unfortuntely, you will lose all your data during the root process. Before you proceed, take the time to read the stickied posts in the rooting subforum, and make sure you're comfortable with the process before you start.

And don't feel reluctant about asking questions.
    Bushido90 likes this.
    06-09-2011 07:30 PM
    Unfortuntely, you will lose all your data during the root process. Before you proceed, take the time to read the stickied posts in the rooting subforum, and make sure you're comfortable with the process before you start.

And don't feel reluctant about asking questions.
    thanks i'm gonna finish my game of 1month before i root it, but i as far as i've skimmed through the Rooting process, exactly what are the benefits, just to get rid of the bloatwares??? theres gotta be more to than that....

excuse my ignorance
    06-09-2011 07:32 PM
    its my first android
    06-09-2011 07:33 PM
    unbann chrisy
    06-09-2011 07:36 PM
    thanks i'm gonna finish my game of 1month before i root it, but i as far as i've skimmed through the Rooting process, exactly what are the benefits, just to get rid of the bloatwares??? theres gotta be more to than that....

excuse my ignorance
    Getting rid of bloatware is one benefit. Rooting also allows you to use apps like Titanium Backup and My Backup to backup your apps and data. Another reason that people root is that there's an active development community that creates custom versions of the OS (referred to as custom ROMs) that you can load onto a rooted phone. Custom ROMs are often debloated, have additional features, and different visual themes.

I rooted initially to get rid of bloatware, but have gone on to trt different custom ROMs on my phone.
    Bushido90 likes this.
    06-09-2011 07:48 PM
    Getting rid of bloatware is one benefit. Rooting also allows you to use apps like Titanium Backup and My Backup to backup your apps and data. Another reason that people root is that there's an active development community that creates custom versions of the OS (referred to as custom ROMs) that you can load onto a rooted phone. Custom ROMs are often debloated, have additional features, and different visual themes.

I rooted initially to get rid of bloatware, but have gone on to trt different custom ROMs on my phone.
    thank you very much for the shortened version, very helpful indeed as i also intend to change up the OS
    06-09-2011 07:58 PM