Who is going to wait on the reboot update after it comes out?

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Thunderbolt 3 days ago. And I didn't update because of all the problems that are with the phone after it. None of which I am wanting to deal with. So who is gonna hold off on this update when it comes out and who is having so much trouble they don't care what happens now? lol

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you on the current update tho or are you on the stock software that came with the phone?

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

I downloaded the latest OTA update when it was released. I have reboots in certain parts of town. Non rooted, 3G coverage.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm rooted running BAMF 1.7 Remix. I've only had 1 unexpected reboot (that I know about) since I bought the phone in March.

I'll wait until some custom ROMs are released based on this update before I try it out. (Hopefully the BAMF guys do some work with this one).

The only thing I'm really curious about is if battery life on 4G with the new radio is improved, in which case I'll be eager to load it...otherwise I'm pretty happy with how my device is running right now.

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I'll do it when it comes out also. soccerfon711 is right can't be worse than the multiple reboots we are having now.

2 reboots already today and it was just sitting on my end table at home not doing anything & BAM! reboot LOL . At this point its getting comical "There is goes again! Just rebooted LOL" It's almost like a game how many times will your TBolt reboot today?

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm rooted running BAMF 1.7 Remix. I've only had 1 unexpected reboot (that I know about) since I bought the phone in March.

I'll wait until some custom ROMs are released based on this update before I try it out. (Hopefully the BAMF guys do some work with this one).

The only thing I'm really curious about is if battery life on 4G with the new radio is improved, in which case I'll be eager to load it...otherwise I'm pretty happy with how my device is running right now.

This.
icon14.gif

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I think one thing a lot of folks are missing here, probably because the next update is reputed to "fix reboots", is that it is a Radio update! That's a big deal. Not only might it fix reboots, but also may fix any connectivity issues you may have experienced (i.e. 1x, 3G, 4G or loss of data connection). Since virtually all of the TBolt's have some issues with data connectivity, I think it is worth a shot.

I mean, if they advertised "fix data connectivity issues", how many of you would be all over it? :)

Actually, I guess that might be mentioned when the final is released. We'll see.

-Frank

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I think one thing a lot of folks are missing here, probably because the next update is reputed to "fix reboots", is that it is a Radio update! That's a big deal. Not only might it fix reboots, but also may fix any connectivity issues you may have experienced (i.e. 1x, 3G, 4G or loss of data connection). Since virtually all of the TBolt's have some issues with data connectivity, I think it is worth a shot.

I mean, if they advertised "fix data connectivity issues", how many of you would be all over it? :)

Actually, I guess that might be mentioned when the final is released. We'll see.

-Frank

Lets just hope this "fix" doesn't break like the last "fix"

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am not waiting. Once it is out, I'll get it. My phone was fine until I got the last update. I want it to work fine with no reboots as it was before.

Emissary

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'll likely be one of those that waits a day or two to see what others are saying. Although, in my opinion, I doubt that it could get any worse, I would be extremely disappointed if the "fix" brings about even more trouble for my Bolt.

sonicbuffalo

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having reboot issues ought to go back to stock and get Big Red to replace their phone. It might be a slight pain in the butt, but I'm on my third new Thunderbolt....just got the 3rd one yesterday and have it all set up. It's not even running the OTA update that causes the reboots. Verizon ships them FedEx next day air...so I get them fairly quickly. all the techs have wanted me to do was a Factory reset, which I always do...and then if the reboots don't stop (and I haven't found one yet that didn't), then they send me a new phone. I think everyone ought to do this until they fix the update.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

-Frank
Agree.

Well, a lot of people are under the assumption that the radio is the culprit in all the reboots in the first place, so it's only natural that a new radio would have to be part of whatever update they would need to release to fix them.

As a rooted user, I've tried just about every radio version available, and frankly, none of them are without flaw so far.

Besides the reboots, you also have the 3G/4G switching problems, the uber power drainage that occasionally occurs on 4G, the GPS locking issues, and the list goes on. I am quite anxious to see what they've done with this one...not to mention any other improvements to the OS as well (although I think we'll all have to wait for GB to really be impressed by that).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital