ghamden

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Best way to Root MR2

I instlled MR2 Full Ruu works great but i really miss being rooted

I would think the original roll back root method is not going to work

since the radio has to be flashed sepreate for the rooted MR2

So hopefully there is work on a way to root MR2

Note so far it works well my intial install was a little quarky so i hardreset twice that seemed to clear up the quarkiness

works grea tnow just need to debloat .....

jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I used auto root while on mr2. Worked great! You will have to reflash mr2 after you root to use gb roms. And just a side note: the rooting process leaves a PG05IMG. ZIP(full ruu) on your sd card, delete it! Or the next time you reboot into recovery it will flash that old ruu and you won't be rooted anymore and have to start over! Or just rename it because it is a easy way to unroot.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Also make sure when you flash the mr2 that it's the radio only! About 24mb or something, the full ruu will unroot.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

drstrange462

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm giving this a try tomorrow. After rooting, do I have to use a different rom? And I've got to say, after installing the MR2 update, the reboots stopped and my gps locks on lickety split. :) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm giving this a try tomorrow. After rooting, do I have to use a different rom? And I've got to say, after installing the MR2 update, the reboots stopped and my gps locks on lickety split. :) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

After rooting, your phone will be back to the MR1 radio so you can stay with your stock rom or use any of the ROMs listed in "The Official Thunderbolt ROMs & Kernel listing" (except for the Gingerbread ROMs).

If you decide to upgrade the radio to the MR2 version for rooted users, then yes, you need to use one of the Gingerbread ROMs.

There's two radios available.. MR2 and a newer version.. MR2.5. You need to see which one works for you best. For my phone, the MR2.5 radio worked better.

All radios, kernels and roms are in the third post of the sticky : http://forum.androidcentral.com/thu...-backup-restore-install-roms-thunderbolt.html

Reactions: drstrange462

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I rooted my device using ADB... there is a great thread in the Rooting forum at the top of this forum.

And like Cyber I found MR2.5 Radio to work just fine with my Das BAMF Sense 3.0 RC3 ROM.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
fyi, i installed das bamf 2.1 and skype and it works great. mr2 radio is much more stable than mr1. i also tried the skypwnd poc on the leaked skype video and was able to harvest my personal info. with the new skype video, i also tried skypwnd, but was not able to harvest my personal info.

jstewart0131

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I rooted using the auto root w/mr1 thread and it worked perfectly. I loaded up bamf 2.1 and am very happy with the results so far. I quickly figured out that I needed to upload an mr2 or newer radio. The only thigh I have noticed is that my 4g speeds are quite a bit slower now than with the mr2 leak before rooting

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I used the Mac Auto Root and it worked perfect. After which I upgraded to MR2 and a GB ROM.

How did you get the second zip to flash. I have tried over and over. I had to load the non rooted mr2 to stop my reboots. I followed ever step to a T with no success.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana