Problems with Google on 4G?

OC Nut

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting a very long latency from google.com when I'm on 4G (in the range of 10-15 seconds!). Images from google take even longer. Everything is fine in wi-fi and on 3G, and no other sites that I can determine are giving me this lag on 4G. I've cleared cache and all data, and also tried with Dolphin HD and stock browsers, with no improvement.

Is anyone else experiencing the same?

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have been having this in Houston but it seems to be getting better. It sucks when I need something quick and want to beat my friends and family lol

mlpjunior

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I've been having this issue in Vegas, too. The first day I noticed it, I chalked it up to IPv6 day, but it hasn't gotten any better. I've flashed different ROMs, Kernels, and Radios, and it hasn't helped. It's especially disappointing, since my 4G service had gotten WAY better over the prior couple of weeks.

largo36

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same t bolt sucks I hate it. I'm in san Gabriel signal sucks. Phone says 4G then 3g then 1x and it sits there for 30 sec then it says wi fi setting Verizon has no clue they said investigation is being conducted in the meantime they gave credit for a months data. Oh by the way this the second phone they mailed me. 2 days ago I was ready to smash tbolt on floor.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you are rooted, go download "Set DNS" from the android market, and set DNS to Google's public DNS instead (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).credit meballard

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I am using LTE OnOff and have turned off 4G. Makes me VERY upset that I spent this money on a 4G phone and can't use 4G reliably. Battery sucks and now even data sucks :mad:. What's the Point. I sure hope this upcoming OTA resolves all this. I in in Orange County, Cal.

Flipper

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I am using LTE OnOff and have turned off 4G. Makes me VERY upset that I spent this money on a 4G phone and can't use 4G reliably. Battery sucks and now even data sucks :mad:. What's the Point. I sure hope this upcoming OTA resolves all this. I in in Orange County, Cal.

Installed the same just to get at least 3G. I hate this. I am also in OC. Same here as well. Do-Not like it at all.
Its hit and miss with sites other than Google. Google all the time. Any Google site. Hangs, then half way, hangs, then 90%, Hangs then after 2 min finishes up. WTH!

Chance

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I have this problem too. Except I don't think its just Google.com its all sites. It just won't load anything. Phone showing 4g 2 -4 bars and it sits there. I'm sick of it.
Matter of fact was at outside mall here in Vegas with full 4g signal trying to get my websites to load and it sat there. I needed to find a phone number and my internet wouldn't work. I finally gave up and grabbed my gf's OG Droid with 3g 2 bars and internet flew just fine.

WTF
I think I hate my phone now sigh

OC Nut

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
As far as I've experienced, it's only Google-related sites. If 4G is hanging generally (e.g., showing up arrow only but no data is actually coming down), one thing to try is to go to airplane mode and back. That has usually worked for me.

Chance

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
As far as I've experienced, it's only Google-related sites. If 4G is hanging generally (e.g., showing up arrow only but no data is actually coming down), one thing to try is to go to airplane mode and back. That has usually worked for me.

If I go to airplane mode, my connections won't work until I restart phone. (annoying).
Also times where my internet wasn't working, like a couple nights ago, I restarted 7 times until internet started working. (Not acceptable)

I'm not sure what to do. All these times internet not working is ridiculous. If I tell Verizon what will they say? I'm sorry?
Sigh.