06-14-2011 07:23 PM
31 12
tools
    Can I still use the service for free on 15th? Or until the end of 14th?
    06-13-2011 08:13 PM
    Can I still use the service for free on 15th? Or until the end of 14th?
    The text that I received from Verizon stated that the free hotspot promotion has been extended until June 15. So two more days.
    06-13-2011 08:17 PM
    Figures that the free hotspot promotion ends one day before I'm supposed to get 4g in my town........
    there might be LTE in your town now! My city (Sacramento) wasn't scheduled to get LTE until 6-16-11 but its been here for a while! That's why I had to upgrade! I'm loving the speeds!!
    06-13-2011 08:18 PM
    there might be LTE in your town now! My city (Sacramento) wasn't scheduled to get LTE until 6-16-11 but its been here for a while! That's why I had to upgrade! I'm loving the speeds!!
    Same here I live in Fresno and we have had 4G since Thursday.
    06-13-2011 08:42 PM
    Obviously I'm wrong if no one has any clue, but I read $20 for 2GB months ago. Guess it was a widespread rumor.

Just found it on PcMag.com...."An extra $20/month buys you 2GB of data for a laptop or other device to use via USB or Wi-Fi tethering. The phone's hotspot mode supports eight devices rather than the usual five (the faster to use up your 2GB allotment with."

HTC Thunderbolt (Verizon Wireless) Review & Rating | PCMag.com

And I don't usually read PCMag, so I'm sure above info was covered elsewhere.
    It wasn't just a rumor. Three were signs next to the thunderbolt displays in my store and others with that pricing but they have since been back peddling.

The pricing indicated is for 3G devices only according to Verizon.
    06-13-2011 10:18 PM
    Supposedly this promotion has been extended once again until July 6th.

Verizon Wireless has extended the Limited Time promotion for Mobile Hotspot and Mobile Broadband Connect on 4G LTE (Long Term Evolution) Smartphones, ThunderBolt by HTC, DROID Charge by Samsung, and Revolution by LG. The following are the Unlimited Hotspot promotion details.
    Limited Time promotion available through 7/6/2011 which allows customers unlimited 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot and Mobile Broadband Connect usage until July 6, 2011 with the purchase of a ThunderBolt by HTC, a DROID Charge by Samsung, or a Revolution by LG, with a voice plan and a data package $29.99 or higher.
    The $20/GB (Gigabyte) plan will not be available on 4G LTE Smartphones. On July 6, 2011 a software update will remove the Mobile Hotspot offer. A message will be sent to the end user to contact their system administrator to subscribe to Mobile Hotspot.
    06-14-2011 07:23 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD