prevent screen from dimming

rocor1993

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have tried to search for an answer,but have come up empty. I want to keep my screen on when plugged into my charger. I have it set through settings>applications>develpment>stay awake, but the screen still dims after several seconds. I want the brightness to stay where I set it @30% not on auto brightness. I have searched the internet for answers and also tried a few market apps to toggle the settings...with no fix. This is the reason I want to do this. I want to be able to plug into my car charger, and play my music while in the car and have the screen stay bright enough so I can see the buttons and the cover art on the music player. Can anyone provide me with an answer?

TIA

Cori

rocor1993

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
this does keep the screen on, without dimming, but I only want the screen to stay on when plugged in.

There has to be some setting that will allow you to adjust the dim time, right?

evasanyi2

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a similar issue, but for me it does not matter whether it is plugged in or not.

"Settings>display>screen timeout>never turn off. Not sure, but wouldn't this work?"

I have a Droid Charge and I tried to follow the above instructions. However, I do not see the choice "never turn off" only the increments... 15 sec, 30 sec., 1 min.,.... 10 min., etc. However, I never want it to automatically dimm. thank you

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I would love find a solution to this as well (short of resorting to a third party app).

I put my TB in a cradle every night and use it as an alarm clock with Gentle Alarm. I can set the brightness of the clock display, but it is useless to do so because the TB just dims after a bit anyway. This would be fine, I would just set it so that the "dim" is where I want it, except that I am also listening to stuff through a headphone at the same time and every time I pause/play, it brightens back up again and the room is lit up until it dims back down again.

What is the dimming for, anyway. If we are using the phone, we don't want it dimmed. If we are done using it, we would want it to turn off. What is the purpose of it dimming for a while before it turns off? Just a warning?