Sd card unmounting

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I did a search but found nothing. I'm running a stock thunderbolt and at least twice a day i get an error message saying my "SD card was unmounted unexpectadly" after restarting it goes back to normal.Is this something that is happening to others?

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
You ever try reformatting it? Maybe something is corrupt on it. You can copy your card to your comp and paste the stuff back after. Not saying everything will be perfect, but most of it will.

thozgyz

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
^^^ that happened on my Dink A LOT! Like above said transfer all you can to your computer. Then reformat your card. The cause could be a corrupt file, be it album art, mp3 or a new app that isn't playing well. I had a pix say app that did it for me once. But I also had a 16gig card filled with music and art work. I found that once everything is off your card, there maybe something that just won't delete. That will be your culprit. Sometimes its very hard to get rid of without a special program. Or some good computer knowledge . What worked for me was renaming the bad file. Best of luck unmounted SD drives me nuts. expescially now that I have a 32 gig card filled with music .

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
^^^ that happened on my Dink A LOT! Like above said transfer all you can to your computer. Then reformat your card. The cause could be a corrupt file, be it album art, mp3 or a new app that isn't playing well. I had a pix say app that did it for me once. But I also had a 16gig card filled with music and art work. I found that once everything is off your card, there maybe something that just won't delete. That will be your culprit. Sometimes its very hard to get rid of without a special program. Or some good computer knowledge . What worked for me was renaming the bad file. Best of luck unmounted SD drives me nuts. expescially now that I have a 32 gig card filled with music .
i did that. Stil does the dismount... i just dont want another new phone. It sux having to redo evrything on it.

Thig

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
This happened to my TB this weekend. First time and I have had the phone about a month. I powered down a couple of times and it recognized the sd card again. Not sure why it happened. I did a search on Google and found that this is not an isolated incident.

peter_kandra

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I did a search but found nothing. I'm running a stock thunderbolt and at least twice a day i get an error message saying my "SD card was unmounted unexpectadly" after restarting it goes back to normal.Is this something that is happening to others?
I've had my TB for about 3 weeks and had this issue in the first few days. I pulled the battery, removed the sd card and reset it making sure it was seated firmly and haven't had the problem since. I may have initially caused the problem because my accelerometer doesn't seem to switch from portrait to landscape fast enough for me and I was shaking the phone to get it to switch!

dirtfan

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem and called verizon, they forwarded me to sandisk where I had the privilege of talking with apu, after I had told them numerous times that I don't have a card reader and no other card they agreed to send me a new card, told me it would take 10 days and I haven't seen a new one yet, good luck!

baja141

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
For some strange reasons , mine started doing the same thing. Never use to before . Hope it's not the Mr2 update I did causing a problem.

bacampbell11

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
it's happened to me a couple times now too on my stock thunderbolt. rebooting doesn't help me, i have to physically remove the sd card and put it back in for the phone to recognize it.

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My microSD died. Not completely, but I couldn't unmount or format it in phone. It blocked downloads from android market. I pulled the 16GB from my old BB and haven't had issue since. SanDisk has poor quality control and their customer service... isn't.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar