How is everyone doing?

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
It's been a while! How are you all?

More specifically, how is your Bolt holding up thus far? I'm still in love with mine, plus 4G just hit Wisconsin, and it's a completely different experience now :D

Everyone holding up ok after ~3 months?

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Holding up just fine here. Rooted in about a week, and haven't looked back since. It's been a fun ride, and will only get better ;)

Dbow32

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
4G hit salt lake today
all I can say is wow! I want to root but don't feel comfortable with doing it myself.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

bman123

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So far so good, had 1 random re boot 2 days ago my first one BTW, had browser crashes until I installed flash and fixed that. Rooted running das bamf 1.7 overclocking to 1.4ghz for benchmarks scored 2,800 on quadrant...

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Congrats n 4G it is truly is a whole different experience. I am fortunate to have been irradiated with 4G goodness since day 1. Did the OTA and have had one re-boot while driving through Vermont. So doing well here. The only thing I would like to see is more aggressive updates, but better that they are properly tested than rushed out (like the last one for some). I want Netflix and Skype even though i will probably only use them sparingly.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I've been using my TBolt since the beginning of May and haven't had any of the most common problems people have been reporting in the forums. I've had only one random reboot - in a marginal area, and the phone was having trouble hunting for 3G and 4G signals where both of them were quite weak. Battery life is decent - acceptable, but not great. And I routinely hit 24-32 Mbps download speeds in suburban Detroit. :cool:

Accrete

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Life is good on the soggy Oregon Coast ; )
We should see the sun sometime in October.

Tbolts are doing good also.
Wife's is still set as VZW sent her out the store with all the updates on etc... standard battery.
Mine w/extended and apps set to not update or very rarely and spb shell rather than sense.
Hers does have some random reboots, mine has not.
Her GPS navigation freaks at times, mine does not.
I still think that the out-the-door settings are coming into play.

tyra231

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Mines doing pretty well, had lots of random reboots till i rooted it and put gingerbread on it. I'm enjoying it. I bought the extended battery and even though I never charge it beyond 50% I still get around 11 or so more hours. Here in Memphis 4g is technically only at the airport but I got it once at my university for 5 mins and it was like heaven!

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Mines doing pretty well, had lots of random reboots till i rooted it and put gingerbread on it. I'm enjoying it. I bought the extended battery and even though I never charge it beyond 50% I still get around 11 or so more hours. Here in Memphis 4g is technically only at the airport but I got it once at my university for 5 mins and it was like heaven!
Which of the Gingerbread ROMs are you running?

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad everyone is doing well with it so far.

I haven't had any of the common problems that people seem to be talking about either. I was rooted about a week after I got my phone, and haven't had a single random reboot or anything since I got the phone. 4G definitely effects battery life, but I still make it through a day without much problem... We'll see how that goes once my Fall Semester comes around again though :p

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
My right knee hurts most of the time, but other than that I'm fine, thanks for asking.

TB is doing OK too.

Have you been down on your knees a lot? What have you been doing??? :p

Well, as for my TB, I finally took the root plunge on TB this week. Having had a taste of rooting and custom ROMs during my Fascinate days, I had been itching to root TB while trying to stay unrooted. This week, the dam broke and I took the plunge. And I'm glad I did. Now this beast is sporting das bamf GingerREMIX v2.0 Beta #6 with the urban theme... And it's been a thing of beauty a joy forever since then. I decided to pick performance over battery life and overclocked to 1.4 Ghz... Initially there was an issue with frequent Google Services Framework forceclose notifications but the problem has been isolated and eliminated.
Now all I need is LTE here in NH (Hello, VZW, north of Massachusetts is also part of the United States) and a working Skype Mobile with video. Amen.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, my (non-rooted) phone's been doing pretty good. I had downloaded the MR1 update when it came out, and to my surprise, I wasn't having any problems with it (no reboots, etc.). Then, about a half hour ago, while I was at a store, I had my first random reboot. :( I'm hoping it was just a freak occurrence, and not the start of me getting plagued by the problem. It's odd that I'd go about a month without ever getting a reboot, while on MR1, and then all of a sudden I get one. :/

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Thunderbolt has been running well after I switched from the MR1 radio to MR2, and then to the MR2.5 radio. Plus Gingerbread is pretty nice!