Thunderbolt extended battery charger?

tyra231

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone knew a good home charger for the thunderbolt with an extended battery? I lost the HTC one the day I got the phone and had been using my 09 Mac to charge it. It took 7-9 hours to fully charge my phone and then I bought the extended battery and after 9 hrs of charging it only got to 35%, I'm like holy crap. Ive never had it charged beyond 50% but it still lasts me for around 11 or so more hours even with moderate to heavy usage( lots of downloads, games, etc) I really would love to have it at 100% so any chargers y'all think will work wonders that'd be great. Also I tried a 5v charger and after 4 hours it barely went up 19% so yeah.

quantumiq

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I don't know of anything that can be of use for you, but which extended battery are you using? I would love to get 11 hrs with moderate/heavy usage on my bolt. sounds great!

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what's happening with the one you've been using. But most chargers work fine on the Thunderbolt. The ones designed to be plugged into the wall almost aways charge faster 'cuz they work at 1 Amp rather than 0.5 Amps. PC/USB chargers work at 0.5 Amps. Some Car and wall outlet chargers that utilize USB cables often charge at only 0.5 Amps even when plugged into the wall. Some will charge at 1 Amp when plugged into the wall.

Bottom line, if you can't actually read the "specs" on the charger, most dedicated AC chargers (hard-wired cable, not USB slot) will charge at 1 Amp.

-Frank

tyra231

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I don't know of anything that can be of use for you, but which extended battery are you using? I would love to get 11 hrs with moderate/heavy usage on my bolt. sounds great!
I'm using the HTC 2750 one. All I did was turn off 4g cause here in Memphis we don't have it but only at the airport. I rooted my phone to liquid gingersense cause I couldn't get das bamf 2.0 to work ;( but I only keep wifi on if I'm at a wifi place and I turn off mobile data cause its a drainer always searching for a signal and when I'm not in an wifi area I use mobile data. I forgot to charge my phone last night and I woke up it was at 35% around and I woke up at 10:10 I've been using it since 10:20 and I've downloaded 5 apps and have background data checking constantly and been youtubing hot summer and downloaded the hot summer album and am playing it right now and its 34%, I'm not in an wifi area either. Maybe I'm just lucky haha, but that's all I do

tyra231

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what's happening with the one you've been using. But most chargers work fine on the Thunderbolt. The ones designed to be plugged into the wall almost aways charge faster 'cuz they work at 1 Amp rather than 0.5 Amps. PC/USB chargers work at 0.5 Amps. Some Car and wall outlet chargers that utilize USB cables often charge at only 0.5 Amps even when plugged into the wall. Some will charge at 1 Amp when plugged into the wall.

Bottom line, if you can't actually read the "specs" on the charger, most dedicated AC chargers (hard-wired cable, not USB slot) will charge at 1 Amp.

-Frank
Idk either Mr.Frank I know my friend uses his ipad charger that's a 10v cause I used to have one and it charges his pretty fast in like 6 hours he'd be at 100% and he's using the same battery as me. Sigh.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Idk either Mr.Frank I know my friend uses his ipad charger that's a 10v cause I used to have one and it charges his pretty fast in like 6 hours he'd be at 100% and he's using the same battery as me. Sigh.
I guess you have to decide what is more important to you. To get your battery to charge faster or to analyze the reasons it's not.

-Frank

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
IMHO, if you want a quick charge, get the original charger AND cable.

I have tons of aftermarket chargers for the house and car, and even a home made charger for on the motorcycles. Few of them have the current ability AND the proper D- to D+ short to switch on fast charge. And one of them that I have interferes badly with the touch screen. Hard to beat the stock unit for high rate charge.

On top of that, most USB cables have such small wire, they can't carry the current. Again, the stock cable works at high rate.

Unless the price is outrageous, I would aim for a stock charger and cable.

pat3332

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
It isn't cheap, but I use the Verizon model BGT 1000. It is a wall charger with the cable attached, not a USB cable and it charges my extended battery from complete discharge to full in 4 1/2 hours. Just as not all car chargers are 1.0 amp all wall chargers are also not always 1.0 amp. I looked quite a while before I broke down and spent the $30.00 for this one. You can find them for less at Amazon and ebay, but with chargers and batteries, you often end up wasting more money on inferior products than if you just spent the money for the original equipment in the first place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781