Change Account/email address for ?Market?

Bakerboy2253

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought something the other day and it sent the info to the original email address Verizon set my TB up with. One, it?s not my name (the guy misspelled it) and two, I never use that Gmail address.

I didn?t think it was a big deal (when new) and had already started customizing my TB and I was told the only way to removed (bad email address) was a factory reset and I?m not doing that, too much has been customized for me to reset back to factory. Since I have 2 personnel email address I didn?t think it mattered until I actually paid for an app.

Anyway to change the account info on market place so emails go to my main email address?
Thanks as always for the help.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I might suggest logging onto the Market via the Internet using your misspelled account and checking out the account options/settings. I logged on just long enough to see a statements about "migrating" accounts... didn't really read it 'cuz I have no issues. But... you might find your answer that way. http://market.android.com/

I've read that you have to do a factory reset and use the new Gmail account you have set up in the Market, by default. I don't know. But I'm sure you would lose access to your apps unless you could somehow "migrate" one account to the other - thereby saving your purchased app database (and non-purchased).

-Frank

Stevez48

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
According to Google, there is no way to migrate any purchased apps. *Fail* There is currently no way to change the gmail account linked to a Google Account used for purchases. How awesome is that... NOT!

I had the same question, my gmail was getting hacked and over run, so i wanted to change it but now I am screwed in losing any purchased apps.

-1 for Google Android Market.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
According to Google, there is no way to migrate any purchased apps. *Fail* There is currently no way to change the gmail account linked to a Google Account used for purchases. How awesome is that... NOT!

I had the same question, my gmail was getting hacked and over run, so i wanted to change it but now I am screwed in losing any purchased apps.

-1 for Google Android Market.
Okay, so I dug a little further.. for the person who thought that having his name misspelled on his email account was not important at the time but changed his mind later. According to [THIS] you can migrate an account. But, only a "Google Apps" account. Not a free Google account.

-Frank