Seidio Desktop Charging Cradle for HTC Thunderbolt

Flipper

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Hello,
I finally received mine in the mail.
I hooked it up.
I thought that the Phone would recognize that it was in the cradle and switch automatically to the desktop clock upon insertion. It does not. I have to manually do it. Under settings there is a "Dock" settings Icon and when entering, "Display mode" it is greyed out and appears to be set to automatic.

Am I missing something?:(

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Hello,
I hooked it up.
I thought that the Phone would recognize that it was in the cradle and switch automatically to the desktop clock upon insertion. It does not. I have to manually do it. Under settings there is a "Dock" settings Icon and when entering, "Display mode" it is greyed out and appears to be set to automatic.

Hi Flipper,

The stock software on the ThunderBolt does not recognize the orientation of the phone in a dock, so the charging cradle will not automatically trigger landscape mode For some helpful tips from your fellow forum members, you may want to check out this thread:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/thu...o-desktop-charging-cradles-now-available.html

itsdollar

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I hooked it up.

Yeah this was discussed before about ths dock. I have it and love it except for that one issue. We probably have to wait for that HTC/Verizon offical dock that will trigger dock mode. If you are rooted the dock mode does work but not automatically and doesn't have the media capabilities that the HTC one will have.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
With Gentle Alarm (great app!) you can set it to go to their desk clock when plugged into a charger (including this dock). To avoid it going to the desk clock when you just plug it into regular charger at other times, there is even an option to have it go to the clock only when plugged into a charger between 8:00 pm and 6:00 am.

For me, the combination of this Seido dock and Gentle Alarm works great!!

Flipper

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
With Gentle Alarm (great app!) you can set it to go to their desk clock when plugged into a charger (including this dock). To avoid it going to the desk clock when you just plug it into regular charger at other times, there is even an option to have it go to the clock only when plugged into a charger between 8:00 pm and 6:00 am.

For me, the combination of this Seido dock and Gentle Alarm works great!!

Well that works. Thanks.

daThomas#AC

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
I thought the car mode and the desktop clock mode were triggered by magnets in the body of the phones related to the holder they are in?

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I thought the car mode and the desktop clock mode were triggered by magnets in the body of the phones related to the holder they are in?
that is only for some, like the motorola droid and droid X.

the TB is triggered by a wire in the plug itself. not sure exactly what goes on in there, but the seidio does not have this, thus not triggering the dock mode.

i may get this dock tho, as i took the magnets out of my dock on my Droids to avoid going into dock mode since i just use "night clock donate" anyway.

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I've used a paid app titled Deskloader in combination with another free app titled Desk Clock.
Works well.

Deskloader let's you choose what app you want to have launch when docked, what times it should allow the docking to trigger the launch, and if unplugging should automatically close the app that was launched. Very handy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo