HTC response to open ticket

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I have an open ticket with HTC since the MR1 OTA caused random reboots and shutdowns. I thought it might be interesting to log back in to their contact site and ask about their progress on an update. Below is the response:

"Kimberly
(NA Team) Close Pending Thank you for your reply, Charles. I understand your phone rebooting is very frustrating. Have you updated to the latest software for your phone? We recently had an update. You can check for any update by going to Menu> Settings> About Phone> System Updates. If you are still experiencing the issue after the update let us know. "

So, my question is, do you think HTC fixed the problem, sent it to Verizon, Verizon squelched it and HTC doesnt even know it?

jstewart0131

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It's more likely that you are just talking to a Level 1 help desk technician who is copying and pasting his/her response from a set script.

ambushbug73

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Contacted tech support last week just because I was curious about the MR2/Gingerbread update. I have to say I received the most honest answer I've ever gotten from a tech support person. He essentially said that they had a solution to the reboot issue and that the Gingerbread update for the Thunderbolt was done and out of their hands, as for when Verizon decided to release them he didn't know.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Contacted tech support last week just because I was curious about the MR2/Gingerbread update. I have to say I received the most honest answer I've ever gotten from a tech support person. He essentially said that they had a solution to the reboot issue and that the Gingerbread update for the Thunderbolt was done and out of their hands, as for when Verizon decided to release them he didn't know.

soon would be cool and all...

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The way I understand the process is that HTC produces the fixes/upgrades and submits them to VZW. Then, VZW evaluates them and makes the decision if and when to push them out. I think it is always this way. If VZW finds bugs, or other issues it does not like, my understanding is that they can then refuse to push anything out until HTC addresses any issues VZW found.

So, it's good that HTC says they've sent them to VZW and it is "out of their hands". Hopefully it won't wind up "back in their hands" :)

-Frank

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Anything is better than the crap we have now. Im sick of my 4G disconnecting, having to reboot, my GPS taking almost a min to locate it's self when it's left on all day. I would love this Gingerbread update. :-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2