Can calendars be synced between a ThunderBolt and an iPhone?

I'm friends with a couple this will be coming over to Verizon this week and both will be getting their first smartphones. Husband is dead set on getting an iPhone. Wife is leaning toward a ThunderBolt, but only if they will be able to sync their calendars together. Is this possible?

I know Google Calendar can subscribe to and publish in the iCal format and that it's easy to share multiple Google Calendars with multiple Android phones. But can an iPhone user sync to a Google calendar or is there an Apple equivalent that a ThunderBolt user could sync to?
    06-24-2011 02:49 PM
    Both the iPhone and TB can sync their built-in calendar with the calendar info from a Google account. So all they'd have to do is input the same Email address in each device, and make sure the devices sync properly with the Google calendar. So, if the husband adds a new event in his iPhone to the Google calendar, that change should immediately be seen upon sync/refresh by the wife's Thunderbolt.

99.9% sure of this. I know of a family that does something similar.
    RichardClark likes this.
    06-24-2011 03:49 PM
    Easily done. I have a T-Bolt, wife owns iPhone 4 and we sync multiple calendars. In google calendar settings you can share calendar with others and assign permissions so you can both update and edit each other's calendar. You will have to configure iPhone using google sync instructions which will automatically update iphone calendars. Google Sync for your phone
    RichardClark likes this.
    06-24-2011 04:05 PM
    In google calendar settings you can share calendar with others and assign permissions so you can both update and edit each other's calendar
    Even better.
    06-24-2011 04:07 PM
    Excellent. Thank you!
    06-24-2011 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD