Gingerbread on June 30th

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
My guess is that HTC has finished their part of building Gingerbread and handed it off to Verizon.
Why can they tell us that it's in Verizons hands now?

Verizon doesn't like to tell it's customers anything. The reps, on the other hand, will tell us anything as long as it's not true.

lostnuke

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, there are a few near perfectly functional versions of the GB leak. So why worry about the GB OTA? Root, flash and enjoy now. I didn't hesitate.

Sent using tapatalk on my rooted Tbolt

ambushbug73

May 23, 2011
Visit site
My guess is that HTC has finished their part of building Gingerbread and handed it off to Verizon.
Why can they tell us that it's in Verizons hands now?

I was told exactly that by an HTC customer service rep last Monday. I had sent in a request asking about the MRU2 and Gingerbread, I was sent a message stating that both a fix for the reboot issue and Gingerbread were both coming. The rep stated that he had no idea when they would be released, that it was up to Verizon at this point.

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
all these gingerbread rumors sound like the same bs i would hear out of HPalm. it doesn't make me more comfy getting a TB. i'm going to wait till the last minute or until the TB gets GB, whichever comes first.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
all these gingerbread rumors sound like the same bs i would hear out of HPalm. it doesn't make me more comfy getting a TB. i'm going to wait till the last minute or until the TB gets GB, whichever comes first.

Or Blackberry... this is nothing new and not carrier or manufacturer specific. The carriers are at the mercy of the OEM's to get them the working update, the OEM's are at the mercy of the carrier to actually approve the update. It's a vicious cycle. The update we all installed was SUPPOSED TO BE MR2, but VZW's Technical Acceptance Department didn't approve it for whatever reason. Back in the Blackberry Storm days at least 3 of the leaked OS's (of about 9 or 10) were better than the released software but they failed technical acceptance for one reason or another (many of them it was probably broken Bluetooth among other reasons)

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
ok im new to this. can someone tell me what's so special about gingerbread besides being a new software

It's mostly under the hood tweaks but in general, apps run more efficiently, the UI flows smoother, a few new apps seem to require gingerbread, and probably most importantly BUG AND SECURITY FIXES. Google does not go back and patch previous versions of Android like Microsoft does with Windows. A number of significant security holes were patched in 2.3.3 and 2.3.4.

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
It is June 28th and nothing at Verizon website. It is not happening my friends, not even a single patch is coming.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Or Blackberry... this is nothing new and not carrier or manufacturer specific. The carriers are at the mercy of the OEM's to get them the working update, the OEM's are at the mercy of the carrier to actually approve the update. It's a vicious cycle. The update we all installed was SUPPOSED TO BE MR2, but VZW's Technical Acceptance Department didn't approve it for whatever reason. Back in the Blackberry Storm days at least 3 of the leaked OS's (of about 9 or 10) were better than the released software but they failed technical acceptance for one reason or another (many of them it was probably broken Bluetooth among other reasons)
Dont speak of the blasphemy of the BB S1 in this forum(I just retired it for my bolt)

thozgyz

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Look people, has Verizon ever let us down? I think NOT! Big red will come through for us all. There will be a nice little OS update just waiting for us when we wake up tomorrow. Making you all so giddy that we will be writing thank you letters. It's going to be like Christmas when we were 5 all over again. I can't wait, got my milk and cookies all ready.

VCL

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Just purchased the Thunderbolt. I bought this phone hoping the OTA update would be coming on the 30th. I also wanted to get grandfathered on the great data plan that Verizon has for this great phone. Leaving T-Mobile, was a very supportive customer, was with them for many years. I did not want to loose out on Verizon data plan by sticking with a company that basically doesn't want to be here any more. I get super fast data speeds from their HSPA+ network, their plans are great but this buy out as been finalized IMO in a sneaky back room. I will miss the greatest Carrier we ever had, T-Mobile, without them we would not of had the Nexus One or S devices.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I was tired of waiting... so Saturday I downloaded Das BAMF 2.1 (Gingerbread w/Sense 2.1) and the MR2.5 updated Radio for Gingerbread... ran just fine yesterday and into my second day... I might change to the Sense 3.0 RC3 ROM this next weekend.

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I was tired of waiting... so Saturday I downloaded Das BAMF 2.1 (Gingerbread w/Sense 2.1) and the MR2.5 updated Radio for Gingerbread... ran just fine yesterday and into my second day... I might change to the Sense 3.0 RC3 ROM this next weekend.

I'm almost tired of waiting also. I'll give it till the tiered data kicks in and see if we get the OTA by then. If not I'll root and be done with it. I was hoping to not have to worry about it and stay stock for while but my patience is running very thin lol.

On reboot #5 already today :mad:

thozgyz

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Or maybe a nice tree fort/man cave. I hope you find your post. Check your local home depot. I got mine there. Right out in the open to, couldn't believe it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC