Gingerbread on June 30th

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I think this is the best reason yet for thinking the update will happen on the 6th or 7th. They could push the update, kill the current hotspot functionality and add the my verizon app officially for the new tiered plans.

You give Verizon too much credit - I don't think they are that organized.

I have visions of people running up and down the halls screaming trying to find their staplers.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
You give Verizon too much credit - I don't think they are that organized.

I have visions of people running up and down the halls screaming trying to find their staplers.
And toupees being sucked into vacuum tubes!

(Actually, I think Verizon is a very good company doing their best to manage a lot of complex variables in a difficult service industry.)

Thanks, Robrecht

Reactions: shipwrestler125

xknight

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Would the update be forced? I am wondering if you can avoid the death of free hotspot if you choose to not update.

And my conspiracy side is wondering if they made the reboot issue on purpose just so we would update and kill the free hotspot....I know... that is pretty stupid, but hey, Verizon does lots of stupid things. They just happen to do less stupid things than the other companies which is why I use them.

So is rooting really making a great difference for everyone? Should I just do that and will it fix all my issues with rebooting and pay hotspot?

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Since I've been rooted, my phone has rebooted once. My battery lasts a good 16-17 hrs/day with moderate use. Rooting is so simple I don't know why more people don't do it.

dannyb884

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Since I've been rooted, my phone has rebooted once. My battery lasts a good 16-17 hrs/day with moderate use. Rooting is so simple I don't know why more people don't do it.
There are times I would love to root (Have sense 3.0), I've just never done it before and really worry about bricking my phone because of this. I sold my old phone and don't have the money to buy a new one at full retail so I would be sol if this happened.

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

What ROM and radio? Mine lasts 8 hours on Ginger remix 2.1 with MR2.5 :-(

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Would the update be forced? I am wondering if you can avoid the death of free hotspot if you choose to not update.

And my conspiracy side is wondering if they made the reboot issue on purpose just so we would update and kill the free hotspot....I know... that is pretty stupid, but hey, Verizon does lots of stupid things. They just happen to do less stupid things than the other companies which is why I use them.

So is rooting really making a great difference for everyone? Should I just do that and will it fix all my issues with rebooting and pay hotspot?

Yes it's stupid. It is costing them snh HTC hundreds of thousands of dollars in. Support costs andreplacement devices.

All of these updates are mandatory and can only be deferred just so long before they install themselves when you reboot. Also they don't need to update to kill MHS/MBBC. They just need to turn. It offers on their end. The update would be to configure the phone to use the pay service.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Truth be told, I was leaning toward the dog too - he's never steered me wrong in the past.

I will never trust my dog again................................................when it comes to Droid rumors.

But he still has time to redeem himself. The end of the Q2 is tonight, 6/30/11, 11:59:59 PM.

Last edited:

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I went to the Verizon Wireless corporate store in Jacksonville FL yesterday June 24th. My wife got the Charge. I was talking to my guy there and he told me he couldnt officially say anything about the tiered data plans... but he hinted it was coming. He also mentioned to me after looking around that the 2.3 update for the thunderbolt was going to be rolling out on June 30th. We were talking about rooting the thunderbolt and he said he was waiting until after that date. What have you guys heard?

Looks like "your guy" will be rooting his phone tomorrow.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I will never trust my dog again................................................when it comes to Droid rumors.

But he still has time to redeem himself. The end of the Q2 is tonight, 6/30/11, 11:59:59 PM.
Actually, my dog has an equal track record as most of the blogs.

-Frank

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
That is a last ditch effort for me, but you may be right......time to start researching..........

If you are willing to root now, why not try the leaked MR2 update first? Its very easy to install and has had very good results from what i've seen. If that doesn't fix your issues, then you can go the more difficult rooting route.