Yahoo mail not syncing

agula001

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I do notice several people with issues with Yahoo had the wrong server settings. It is supposed to be this:

Incoming Server: android.imap.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 993
Use SSL

Outgoing Server: android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 465
Use SSL
Require Log In

If that fails, try the Y! Mail app.

My recommendation? Google is a better mail provider in every single way. Why use Yahoo!? Set up your Gmail to retrieve email from your Yahoo! account while transitioning.

appreciate the settings.
I gave it a go and it did not resolve the yahoo mail issue.

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the recommendation
- hows maildroid on the thunderbolts
battery? faster drain?

For me and my TBolt its been great on battery. I also have the extended battery so its not much of an issue. I guess if you change the settings to get emails or wake every 15 minutes or never let the phone sleep at all, it'll suck the battery. But really I've found those two options problematic. I stick with "let the phone sleep" setting (its the default setting) and I still get emails right away even if I haven't touched my phone in hours. The developer says the Pro version is easier on battery and CPU because there are no ads. I went for it and although its WAY too expensive, I don't regret it because it works. And that to me is worth it.

But it sounds like Yahoo may have worked out their kinks and you are back rolling again. Either way, I'd still recommend giving Maildroid a try. Again, good luck. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech