I love streaming audio to my Subaru, but wish there was more functionality built into Bluetooth support.

In the past, streaming from my other phone, a BlackBerry Tour, the ID tag info would also relay to the dash. The experience is not the same with my stock Tbolt.

Anyone have similar experience with, regardless of make and model vehicle, streaming apps like Pandora, Grooveshark, or Google Music?

via Tapatalk
    06-25-2011 10:11 AM
    The Bluetooth stacks (Hardware Driver) has to support the transmission of ID Tag data and I have only ran into a limited number of devices that support this. The newer hardware is usually configured to transmit data differently.

Most 3rd party app does not have direct access to the bluetooth controllers to transmit data like this across the stream for security purposes but usually the stock players will transmit ID Tags fine.
    06-25-2011 10:51 AM
    The Bluetooth stacks (Hardware Driver) has to support the transmission of ID Tag data and I have only ran into a limited number of devices that support this. The newer hardware is usually configured to transmit data differently.

Most 3rd party app does not have direct access to the bluetooth controllers to transmit data like this across the stream for security purposes but usually the stock players will transmit ID Tags fine.
    Great answer, thank you!

I wish the stock player was better, haven't touched it since I bought the phone.

tbolt via Tapatalk
    06-30-2011 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD