New update

fadepoint89

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Was on the phone with tech support. She verified that an update will be coming out by the end of june and will address reboot issues along with reception issues. She also told me that it will do a master reset so she said to back up everything before installing. Also confirmed its gingerbread along with sense 3.0. I found it quite interesting how open she was. The only thing she didn't say was an exact date. No mention of skype or anything. Just a heads up. So before you install the update make sure you do a backup of your stuff.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

fadepoint89

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Oh and for those wondering why I was on the phone with tech support. I called to complain about reboot issues and signal drops. I don't remember her name. And if you want question my credibility, don't bother. I wouldn't waste my time and make up something up.

skyjjc

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Hope your (their) right.

The only issue is that Verizon Techs seem to have widely varying degrees of information credibility. Don't know if their misinformed or just trying to get you off the phone with a pacifier.

In any case I would expect the update fairly soon. In the meantime I'm practicing hitting the check for update button.....

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It was all bologna. Sorry. It's already been said the Thunderbolt will not get sense 3.0. So either the story isn't true or you were fed a shovel full.

And an OTA will not factory reset your device. The MR2 only did it because we did a complete override rather than installing over the firmware.
Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Well regardless... That's what she said...

VZW reps will generally say anything that they think sounds plausible. They usually have very little insight into update timing or the contents therein.

You were told what you wanted to hear and I don't think anyone is doubting your story. Just don't believe anything these reps feed you. Most of it is scripted nonsense.

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
hope your right. now call back and speak to another rep and see what story you get. then wait 2 hrs call again. if all 3 match? HMMM maybe

Shygar

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Well regardless... That's what she said...

MichaelScott.jpg

Reactions: itstheAtomBomb

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I have no doubt that the said it but that does not make it accurate information. This kind of thing happens all the time. If it were indeed happening this week I think Moretl, our friendly neighborhood tech support supervisor) would have told us by now. He passes on info when he actually believes it has any credibility.

gforce1963

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
for what its worth, this could be true. I've been working with a rep on a problem with my phone and she mentioned that an update for the TB was due by the end of June, and several more down the road, more sooner than later. One was to help with the reboots, no info on what the others updates were about. I'm not the one to bug a rep for info, but this one sounded legit since she mentioned she was in the same boat as others with the reboot problem and the problem with the GPS lock with her TB.

fadepoint89

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the lady I talked to said she installed he update that causes the reboots on her TB. And she can't wait for the update.

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah the lady I talked to said she installed he update that causes the reboots on her TB. And she can't wait for the update.

Maybe you two guys talked to the same rep!

Well, I believe an update is coming, whatever it is, before July 7th.

reefsrt4

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
and I forgot to mention..the rep advised me not to install the current update that is out there...:)

Did she mention what wold happen if you did? I manually installed MR2 and my reboots have gone away. Since MR2 was canceled, I'm not exactly sure what will happen when the actual update is pushed OTA.....meaning will it be pushed to me or will I be hung out and unable to receive it. I did grab and save the MR1 zip, so perhaps worst case, I can downgrade to that and get the new OTA pushed to me that way? Only time will tell I guess.

gforce1963

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
She didn't say. I would guess there would be the chance it getting the reboot problems. I'll hold on to see what the next update will be. I came to a TB from a DroidX so I'm used to waiting :)

fadepoint89

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Only thing she mentioned to me was that it will be GB with sense 3.0 and it will address reboot and signal issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21