Not getting OTA update

effingpace

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, just got my TB yesterday, i am currently on software version 1.12.605.6 and im not getting prompted to update to the latest 1.13.605.7, when i check for new updates manually it just says "checking for new software available now" and nothing happens, it doesnt say im up to date or theres no new updates. what gives?

CrotchBat

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
You're not missing out. It's the update that caused all the reboot woes. Don't download an OTA until the next OTA comes out here in a few weeks, it fixes all the problems.

effingpace

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, i thought it might help out with my battery, had it at 100% unplugged it, went to sleep and 6 hours later i had 20% remaining, seems weird that it would drain 80% of the battery when not being used whatsoever

kikapele

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, i thought it might help out with my battery, had it at 100% unplugged it, went to sleep and 6 hours later i had 20% remaining, seems weird that it would drain 80% of the battery when not being used whatsoever
same thing happened to my replacement thunderbolt. I just kept checking and after about a week and a call to verizon the update pushed through. Now when I check for update manually I receive the "no updates found" message so the lack of message problem fixed itself with the MR1 update I suppose. On a side note, I haven't experienced any random reboots or horrible battery life since the update. The battery last me 10-12 hours, i use kindle and pandora alot and surf the web and check email. The only problem I am having like others is that the GPS locks 1000ft away from my location if it ever does lock on. Also, once in a while the phone will say 4G and i can not use the internet.... it seems like it never switches to 3G when it loses 4G connection. The airplane mode trick fixes it and i get 4G back in a few seconds so not a big issue.

effingpace

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
same thing happened to my replacement thunderbolt. I just kept checking and after about a week and a call to verizon the update pushed through. Now when I check for update manually I receive the "no updates found" message so the lack of message problem fixed itself with the MR1 update I suppose. On a side note, I haven't experienced any random reboots or horrible battery life since the update. The battery last me 10-12 hours, i use kindle and pandora alot and surf the web and check email. The only problem I am having like others is that the GPS locks 1000ft away from my location if it ever does lock on. Also, once in a while the phone will say 4G and i can not use the internet.... it seems like it never switches to 3G when it loses 4G connection. The airplane mode trick fixes it and i get 4G back in a few seconds so not a big issue.
Cool, thanks for the info

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Take this how you want to but.... I just got off the phone with Verizon Tech Support complaining about the rebooting. Told the rep that I stopped by a VStore and they told me to call in and ask for a courtesy credit for my inconvenience. So I got a 50% off my Thunderbolt line.The rep also told me an update will be out by the 30th of this month. Her exact words were "you should get the update any day now" I did not ask if it was going to be Gingerbread. I was put on hold while she checked this information out. Like I said don't hold your breath but this is what I was just told. Now the hard part is waiting for the month to end and see if it actually happens. I know I have my fingers crossed.

Helloneumann

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
When I got my tb a few weeks ago and checked for updates it did nothing, after a few days it started showing no updates available. Btw my phone came with the mr1 update installed.

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Could you explain what this means? Forever? For the month? For data? For voice? Just curious.

-Frank

Sorry I should have been more clear. I got 50% off of my bill for 1 month. My phone is the primary line so I got the discount off of that part of the family plan of $80? I think it is? So I'll get a 40$ credit or so on the next bill. Only the main family plan part tied to my phone charge not data.

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Take this how you want to but.... I just got off the phone with Verizon Tech Support complaining about the rebooting. Told the rep that I stopped by a VStore and they told me to call in and ask for a courtesy credit for my inconvenience. So I got a 50% off my Thunderbolt line.The rep also told me an update will be out by the 30th of this month. Her exact words were "you should get the update any day now" I did not ask if it was going to be Gingerbread. I was put on hold while she checked this information out. Like I said don't hold your breath but this is what I was just told. Now the hard part is waiting for the month to end and see if it actually happens. I know I have my fingers crossed.

I really hope so got my fingers crossed too

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463