Anybody on Google+ yet?

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I got my invite tonight, and while the idea is cool, it's awfully quiet over there. Anybody else on it?

EDIT: Wow, I didn't expect this thread to grow so quickly! Well, since the circles feature lets you really filter your Stream, I'll add my email address so you guys can find me. We might as well have an AC:TB group on there!

comineeyeaha@gmail.com

Last edited:

itstheAtomBomb

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I was invited earlier today, not much action and not too impressed yet. Video chat is what will put + over fb IMO. I guess its time to hurry up and wait to see if it goes anywhere...

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
The invite process is a little weird, the only way I've found to do it is to tag somebody in your Gmail contacts in a picture, which will send them an "accept tag" email. If there's a better way, I'm all ears.

justo11

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
There's a thread over at lifehacker dot com for people willing to share invites ...says there should be a link somewhere on the right to send invites

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I really like it. The app is awesome and luckily I have 7 friends all with google+. Puts Google Buzz to shame. Is it better than facebook? In my opinion, yes. Will it over take facebook in popularity? who knows, once people are comfortable it is hard to get them to switch, but then again. See myspace 2007.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
i read that they disabled the invite option, but that it shoud be back up soon if not already...

justo11@gmail.com is anyone wants to be nice and send me an invite! thanks

Ironic that in the same post where you said they disabled invites, you blasted your email address asking for an invite, lol.

Once invites open up, as long as it's not really limited, I'll hand out a few here after I give them to friends and family. I'm all about Google, so I'll do whatever I can to promote their products/services.

flipbeats

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
What are the advantages oover facebook with this? I'm hoping this is sucessful because Facebook changes crap so much that things don't work on certain divices

flipbeats

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
What are the advantages oover facebook with this? I'm hoping this is sucessful because Facebook changes crap so much that things don't work on certain divices

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
So far I like it. We got a good group of XDA users over there. That is how I got in. I have passed out all my invites on XDA and here, so cant help you there. :(

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I haven't gotten an invitation. I will give this a try since I really dislike Facebook. I hope this Google alternative catches on.

Kimmy71

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm on and its definitely a little quiet. The invites got disabled right after I got mine so I was only able to send out 3.

jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
The invite tab is gone, but it you share a post, you can enter a email address rather than picking a friend to share it with. In the email they receive they can sign up. Kind of a loophole

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reactions: Slapnpop826

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
It is interesting. The circles feature is nice but will require some maintenance / upkeep. One thing I beieve they got right is that you can post public - kind of like Twitter - or private, to your circles and kind of like Facebook. This lets them go head to head with FB and Twitter with one app. I am finding the UI to be a bit confusing. The android App is pretty slick and easy to understand.