Skype Now Available For...

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
HTC Desire 5, Sony Ericsson Xperia neo, Sony Ericsson Xperia pro and the Google Nexus S.

My god this pisses me off. I feel like ramming this Thunderbolt up someones ......

Skype introduces video calling for Android phones | Reuters

Sorry just had to rant.

Me too. How is it that my wife's Verizon iphone 4 has had skype video calling over 3G since day one, and our LTE superphone doesn't? WTF!?!?!?! I hate to say it but while I really like the features of Android, I can see some of the rationale behind the the whole iOS ecosystem and might consider a switch if iphone 5 looks good enough and steals Android's best features.

EricWiz

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Me too. How is it that my wife's Verizon iphone 4 has had skype video calling over 3G since day one, and our LTE superphone doesn't? WTF!?!?!?! I hate to say it but while I really like the features of Android, I can see some of the rationale behind the the whole iOS ecosystem and might consider a switch if iphone 5 looks good enough and steals Android's best features.

It is very sad that I feel this way too. It is a real shame and feels like the potential of this phone is wasted.

If iPhone 5 is 4G LTE and dual core it may be time to by my first ever apple product.

:'(

This in not your dream phone - it's the one you got instead.

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It is very sad that I feel this way too. It is a real shame and feels like the potential of this phone is wasted.

If iPhone 5 is 4G LTE and dual core it may be time to by my first ever apple product.

:'(

This in not your dream phone - it's the one you got instead.

Pretty sure it's dual core, but I don't think it'll be LTE

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. This was salt in the wound for me too. Thought our ThunderBolts were supposed to be the first on Verizon with video chat to highlight the 4G LTE network. Remember all the promo materials showcasing "Skype with video" before they pulled it. Over 3 months since launch and still nowhere to be seen. *grrr*

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site

No one would blame you its a complete slap in the face that iphone 3g has skype video and our phones with 4g gets thrown to the curb

EricWiz

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You know, on top of the issues some are having it's the fact that this phone doesnt have the extras that I expected because of the hype when I bought it.

* No netflix
* no hulu
* no video chat skype
* no multimedia dock

there are more but those are big ones to me. Now, you can say that it is not V's or HTC's fault on 3 of those 4 but I dont really care who's fault it is. I only care that there is a fault.

Add to this the slow pace of fixing the big issues many are having and the total lack of any kind of official word as to when updates will be released and I am really starting to feel some buyer's remorse.

It's not just me right?

glje

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the Skype mobile app on my TB for weeks. Vanilla TB, vanilla Skype. Simply downloaded it from the Google App Market (blue icon background). Looks like it's version 2.0.0.45 and it's not the burned into Verizon app (white icon background).

It works great. Just used it yesterday to video chat with a friend in Austria. What's the big deal?

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
You know, on top of the issues some are having it's the fact that this phone doesnt have the extras that I expected because of the hype when I bought it.

* No netflix
* no hulu
* no video chat skype
* no multimedia dock

there are more but those are big ones to me. Now, you can say that it is not V's or HTC's fault on 3 of those 4 but I dont really care who's fault it is. I only care that there is a fault.

Add to this the slow pace of fixing the big issues many are having and the total lack of any kind of official word as to when updates will be released and I am really starting to feel some buyer's remorse.

It's not just me right?

No your not believe me

TBolt52

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
The new v2 app doesn't do video for me. But I have an old v1 apk that has been working good enough.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

blueyzfr6

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
It figures I had the Skype with vid app downloaded a couple months ago and delete it so I can download the real one, and it doesn't do vid. Damn you Verizon, HTC, Skype, and Google

hmfoster

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Loaded ver 2.0.0.45 and it says video but for HTC Desire S etc. How did you get Video to work on your TB. When I open a contact under actions all I have option to do is Skype Call or Send IM. If I click Skype Call it calls their computer, no option for video call. Did I miss something ? Thanks

DMXavier

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Dear dear friends, please do a little homework. All you have to do is type in Skype with video for Thunderbolt into Google. I know this is a very foreign concept but trust me it works. Or if you cant do that then just click the link below and use the Qcode to download your precious Skype with video. This app is JUST FOR THUNDERBOLT!

Skype With Video for HTC ThunderBolt Now Available

Puterguru

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Dear dear friends, please do a little homework. All you have to do is type in Skype with video for Thunderbolt into Google. I know this is a very foreign concept but trust me it works. Or if you cant do that then just click the link below and use the Qcode to download your precious Skype with video. This app is JUST FOR THUNDERBOLT!

Some of us have done out homework, you should do the same. Is there an official app from Skype that works for Thunderbolt, NO "- You need Android v2.2 to run Skype on a Samsung Galaxy S
- Two way video calling is supported on the following handsets: Google Nexus S, HTC Desire S, Sony Ericsson Xperia neo, Sony Ericsson Xperia pro."
Is there any way to download what you mentioned from the Android Market, no.

There is a reason it is NOT official for the Thunderbolt, even though some peeps say it works fine.

EricWiz

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

You know, you really come off as a jerk when you take that attitude. You did it on the other thread as well about this app.

This is not an official app in any sense of the word. This app may be fine but this could be virus ridden or some other kind of malware. This is not the market version of the app. So, you take a risk if you install it. Now, this one is fine I'm sure but it doesn't change the fact that the official skype app DOES NOT support video on the TB. That was the point.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown