Keep spelling suggestions- lose auto.completion

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there a setting that will allow spelling suggestions.to appear but not automatically replace a word spell check doesn't recognize?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
My suggestion is to use a different keyboard... I use SwiftKey X Beta... they have an option under settings that is "Spacebar will..." I changed mine from "always insert a prediction" to "always insert a space" so it doesn't change the word I put in unless I click on it in the suggestion bar.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My suggestion is to use a different keyboard... I use SwiftKey X Beta... they have an option under settings that is "Spacebar will..." I changed mine from "always insert a prediction" to "always insert a space" so it doesn't change the word I put in unless I click on it in the suggestion bar.

Then there is no such setting on tbolt?

Any setting to increase text size in sms? NOT INTERESTED IN ALTERNATIVE TEXT APP.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Any setting to increase text size in sms? NOT INTERESTED IN ALTERNATIVE TEXT APP.

Again, I don't use the default keyboard, but you might want to look in the settings... go into Settings > Languages & keyboard > Touch Input > Text input (set options for text prediction) > uncheck Prediction... that's what I just found hunting around right now.

Check out Go SMS Pro or Handcent... personally, I have used both and really like Go SMS Pro... it does have a font pack you can load.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Again, I don't use the default keyboard, but you might want to look in the settings... go into Settings > Languages & keyboard > Touch Input > Text input (set options for text prediction) > uncheck Prediction... that's what I just found hunting around right now.

Check out Go SMS Pro or Handcent... personally, I have used both and really like Go SMS Pro... it does have a font pack you can load.

I tried your keyboard settings suggestion but then i lose spell check and suggestions completely.

I sometimes like to text (sms or mms) to an email address. In a verizon phone handcent wont do that. The built in message app will allow sms to email addy. Do you know if go sms pro will?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I tried your keyboard settings suggestion but then i lose spell check and suggestions completely.

Again, I suggest using SwiftKey X Beta keyboard... and do what I suggested above... I hate repeating myself.

I sometimes like to text (sms or mms) to an email address. In a verizon phone handcent wont do that. The built in message app will allow sms to email addy. Do you know if go sms pro will?

I just did a test and used Go SMS Pro to send myself a SMS to my email address and it worked... try it yourself... you can always uninstall the app if you don't like it.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just installed the keyboard you suggested. I'm not sure if i like it yet or not but i do appreciate your suggestions. I am accustomed to seeing more of the typing area. On the other hand the features of this keyboard are fantastic. I have the arrows enabled. I may dump them to get bigger keys.

I'm going to try go sms too. I am a little leary of them because go weather widget on my start screen using widget locker to enable widgets on the lock screen) prevents my phone connecting to verizon network from cold start. If i start then restart it connects normally.

Any other keyboard setting suggestions? The parentheses are shown above the period and comma but i have to hit the 123 key to choose them right?

topinate

May 2, 2011
Visit site
SwiftKey x beta

Does anyone know how to remove the @key in emal.mode? It is below the keyboard next to the spacebar and makes it (the spacebar) terribly tiny in landscape mode.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Go sms replies to emails or composes to emails as mms messages even if the message is text only. The native app actually sends sms for text only messages to email addresses. This is far preferable since some people are charged extra for mms messages. They are sent by vzw. pix instead of vtext. com. This makes go sms pro no good for me unless someone knows a way around it.

Love the new keyboard. Great tip!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE