Fed up with Thunderbolt

General Tso

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I like Android. I like Google. I like Verizon. I like HTC. Now that I got that out there I just wanna say that I will never again pay top dollar for this garbage. I am switching to iPhone when 5 comes to Verizon. I don't wanna root and flash roms and all that. I just want my hi-end device to work like I was told it would. I've had the phone since it released. It should have been fixed by now. I doubt Apple would ever have this kind of issue. I've owned a Dinc, droid x, and this POS. What say you all?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

MegaSoundwave76

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I just want to know what other users are feeling and thinking of doing. If you aren't interested, don't read or comment.

All I'm saying is that there are enough complaint threads about this phone to start another War and Peace novel. I saw the same stuff over and over again on the Fascinate forums (and I thought the Fascinate was a fantastic phone!!). If you are not happy with the product you purchased, you should lobby VZW for a new unit (and trust me, you ***** enough, they will give you something else). And remember, this is brand new tech that you are seeing (well, the 4G network that is), so there is always bumps in the road. Trust me, my company goes through this with all new products introduced, and that is always the case. We release a product, it shows bugs in the field, and we try to fix them on the fly. Do we wish that something is released bug free? Of course, but we are all human.
If you don't want to root, that's fine (I'm not rooted right now on my TBolt, but was flashing the crap out of my Fascinate and debloated my Eris). What are you saying that's different than all the other complaints about this phone? And posting it to this forum? Might as well post it on VZW's website where its more visible to them. Just my 2 cents.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Why would you downgrade to an iPhone after living with Android? That just seems odd.

Now, if you can't wait for the patch coming up, and are having reboot issue (many of us are having no problems at all), then why would you not go for one of the other Android phones? The third or fourth best Android phone on Verizon would be a better bet than the iPhone.

And, you seem to be forgetting all of the things that the iPhone had to wait for, such as cut-and-paste, true multi-tasking, real notifications, etc, etc. Android will always get these new innovations out sooner, and the user experience is just better.

Your position is like saying my Range Rover has some mechanical issues, so I am going to get a Toyota.

General Tso

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Why would you downgrade to an iPhone after living with Android? That just seems odd.

Now, if you can't wait for the patch coming up, and are having reboot issue (many of us are having no problems at all), then why would you not go for one of the other Android phones? The third or fourth best Android phone on Verizon would be a better bet than the iPhone.

And, you seem to be forgetting all of the things that the iPhone had to wait for, such as cut-and-paste, true multi-tasking, real notifications, etc, etc. Android will always get these new innovations out sooner, and the user experience is just better.

Your position is like saying my Range Rover has some mechanical issues, so I am going to get a Toyota.
Thank you all for the info. I was just thinking that the iOS isn't being fragmented like android. I'm gonna wait another week, then see if they'll swap my bolt for a Dinc 2 or Droid X2.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Actually, iOS is starting to get fragmented as well, with iPhone 3 not getting some things available in the new iOS, etc, it is just that Android is iterating so much faster, which brings the good and the bad. We get the good stuff sooner, but we also experience phones getting left behind more often.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
OP, it sucks that you've had a bad experience with your bolt. I'm lucky; I haven't. Mine has had zero issues. I think you should get a different phone. Hopefully that one works out better for you. Good luck.

Reactions: dragonsamus

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've only had one problem with this phone, the gps not working. Turns out that was just a one time occurrence and has been fine since.

This phone is everything I loved about my Dinc plus a larger screen, front camera, and 4G...what's not to love?

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I've only had one problem with this phone, the gps not working. Turns out that was just a one time occurrence and has been fine since.

This phone is everything I loved about my Dinc plus a larger screen, front camera, and 4G...what's not to love?

The reboots

General Tso

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
LMFAO... :D

This thread is awesome, like wgaf if your getting an iphone.

Like i said previously, if you're not interested, don't read or comment. I just wanted to get a feel for what other users thought. I've never had an iphone so I don't know much about them. Why do you guys chime in acting childish? Are we trying to see who has the bigger e-dick?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance