It's got to be the slowest website/forum I ever visit. What's the deal?
    07-01-2011 07:58 PM
    Good things come to those who wait.
    07-01-2011 08:08 PM
    It's got to be the slowest website/forum I ever visit. What's the deal?
    Seriously, not here.

If you are using IE, I'd recommend going into the Tool | Internet Options | Advanced Tab | and selecting [RESET] (this will remove most ads-ons that can cause speed/compatibility issues). Also, if you haven't already, upgrading to IE9 is a good thing. It uses hardware (video card) acceleration and is much faster.

The Chrome Browser is also good.

-Frank
    07-01-2011 08:09 PM
    i don't have problems either on my desktop using ff or my tb using db
    07-01-2011 08:12 PM
    Seriously, not here.

If you are using IE, I'd recommend going into the Tool | Internet Options | Advanced Tab | and selecting [RESET] (this will remove most ads-ons that can cause speed/compatibility issues). Also, if you haven't already, upgrading to IE9 is a good thing. It uses hardware (video card) acceleration and is much faster.

-Frank
    There are people on this site that use IE? Weird.

I'm using Firefox 3.6.18. Just loaded Engadget mobile, took 8 seconds from start until the page stopped loading. It took Android Central 38 seconds.
    07-01-2011 08:19 PM
    agree with slowness, particularly when first logging in. using chrome. definite several second lag where you can't scroll, click anything...it's like a mini-freeze up
    07-01-2011 08:22 PM
    It took Android Central 38 seconds.
    agree with slowness,
    You guys need new computers

-Frank
    finchdroid likes this.
    07-01-2011 08:24 PM
    I have the same issue if I access from work. I use the same same laptop with the same setup at home and the page loads quick, but at work, it will take upwards of 40 seconds to load.

At work I have a crappy 1.5 Mbps connection and at home I have a 25 Mbps FiOS connection.

BTW, I use IE (9). I tried Firefox 4 and the same thing happens. Not a fan of Chrome's UI, so I don't use it.
    07-01-2011 08:25 PM
    using my TB mobile hot spot and this page loaded in 3-4 seconds with my 4 year old lap top
    07-01-2011 08:31 PM
    It's all the information!
    07-01-2011 08:34 PM
    Your Internet service provider problem?
    07-01-2011 10:20 PM
    I use Google Chrome and it's quick. I have no idea why you're having any speed issues other than what Frank suggested.
    finchdroid likes this.
    07-01-2011 10:23 PM
    maybe you still have pr0n downloading in the background......those dam video files tends to hog all the bandwidth and slow everything else down.......
    Who? likes this.
    07-02-2011 12:33 AM
    The past couple weeks I've been having troubles with pages loading at all. It will just load the header and then stop. And it's not my computer or network or anything on my end because it only happens with this site AND it happens when I am using the TB too.
    07-02-2011 02:01 AM
    Seriously, not here.

-Frank
    I have been using nothing but Chrome for over a year now. Very fast and plenty of add ons for Android.
    07-02-2011 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD