All Unlimited Data Plans Now The Same

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Made this a new thread so as not to derail the other one:

I got yet another Tiered Data explanation. I tried calling 611 last night and got the "Due to the high volume of calls" message. I hung up and drove to the Corporate owned VZW store in my area. After speaking to the rep I was told that VZW changed all their coding for the unlimited plans to the same code. Whether they were BlackBerry plans or not they were now all considered the same. I can wait til the 10th and upgrade then and still keep my unlimited data and not have to switch to tiered pricing.

So, what does this mean? It means I still have to call 611 and verify this. After having two different people tell me two different things I want verification.

What this means is that they have gone back and made all of our data plan options the same regardless of phone type

Once upon a time our plans read

• Unlimited Data For Smartphones
  • Unlimited Data For Blackberry
  • Unlimited Data For iPhone

(each also having a variant saying Unlimited Corporate Email for _______)

It appears that they have gone through all of our plans and streamlined them to read

Unlimited Data
OR
Unlimited Data (w/ Corporate Email)

I just verified this on MyVerizon with three of my devices a 3G device, a 4G device, and a Blackberry

Here they are copy and paste right out of MyVerizon:

Droid 2 Global:

Data Packages
Choose only one of the following features:
Unlimited Data
Includes: Unlimited data, unlimited personal email & Web, sync up to 10 personal email accounts

$29.99 /mo
Selected
$29.99
Unlimited Data (w/ Corp Email)
Includes: Unlimited data, unlimited corp email & Web , sync up to 10 personal email accts

$44.99 /mo

Thunderbolt:

Data Packages
Choose only one of the following features:
Unlimited Data
Includes: Unlimited data, unlimited personal email & Web, sync up to 10 personal email accounts
Tell me more
$29.99 /mo
Selected
$29.99
Includes: Unlimited data, unlimited corp email & Web , sync up to 10 personal email accts

Blackberry Bold 9650:

Unlimited Data
Tell me more
$29.99 /mo

Tell me more
$44.99 /mo

Since I don't have a Verizon iPhone or Palm/HP device I cant confirm that those are the same as well but I see no reason they wouldn't be.

What this means folks is that I was right and none of us have to worry about it and can upgrade at our leisure

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-data-plan-after-7-7-even-if-you-upgrade.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Progenitor42

PhreePhlyer

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
So, I can return my Thunderbolt, go back to my Dinc, and in 6 or 8 months upgrade to whatever 4G phone is available and still have unlimited data?

When I upgraded, of course I upped for a new 2-year contract. If I return the T-bolt can I get back on track with my original contract?

This is pretty crappy by Verizon.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
So, I can return my Thunderbolt, go back to my Dinc, and in 6 or 8 months upgrade to whatever 4G phone is available and still have unlimited data?

When I upgraded, of course I upped for a new 2-year contract. If I return the T-bolt can I get back on track with my original contract?

This is pretty crappy by Verizon.

As I understand it yes, though as I just clarified in the other read I do NOT work for Verizon. This is all educated guesses based upon past experiences, things I have read, and what I have heard from people who do work for them.

You have 14 days to decide under their satisfaction grantee, but if I were in your situation since the 7th is so close I would wait till after the 7th and find out 100% before reversing what you have already done.

jmmmm

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Three hours ago I went into a Verizon corporate store in Oregon and changed one of my Family Plan lines from an LG Accolade feature phone to a 4G HTC Thunderbolt I bought used on eBay. This is what that line now shows in my account:

NATIONWIDE TALK FS 1400Change Minutes
Contract Ends on 08/29/12
Plan Details
Monthly access charge: $9.99
Monthly allowance minutes:
Per minute rate after allowance: $0.40 peak , $0.40 off-peak

Promotion details
This cell phone number currently does not have any promotions

Included Features
Friends and Family
Additional Features
Pay As You Go ($0.20 per message)