Skin/Carbon Fiber cover for back of LG G2

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the wood, or so i thought, ExoSkin and got the black CF. I installed it any way because I needed protection and it's a 10 day turn-around for a replacement.
It's actually pretty good. It covers well, it's cut well, and it's an easy install. I'm going to place another order, I'm not big on the black CF, because they're that good.
Oh yeah, shipping was supper fast. I ordered another skin for my wifes' from another company and it hasn't even shipped yet.

downbeat4

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I know what you mean. After about a week of sharp edges and lint getting caught, the skin does smooth out. In case you thought about giving it another go.

Posted via Android Central App

papachange05

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you. I ripped mine off after two days. The foldable edges were already collecting dust, and would catch on my slip pouch. I am pretty disappointed. Now I am trying to decide between Diztronic TPU or Incipio Feather.

- - - Updated - - -

I just got the Skinomi carbon fiber skin in today and to be quite honest, I'm not too impressed. The quality of the skin itself is pretty good (seems to be 3M material) but two things bothered me about it. Firstly, even with a heatgun and careful smoothing the edges seem to catch on things so I'm not too sure how it'll last. Secondly, after application of the skin my phone's back started to creak quite a bit. Considering just how sticky the skin's backing is, I'm sure it's lifting the back plate enough for it to start creaking... prior to the skin, my phone had some flex in the back but no creaks. Overall? Not bad I guess, depending on what you were expecting this skin to do for you. Definitely good enough to use as a stopgap until better cases are released, IMO but long-term I'm not too sure how the edges will hold up.

I agree with you. I ripped mine off after two days. The foldable edges were already collecting dust, and would catch on my slip pouch. I am pretty disappointed. Now I am trying to decide between Diztronic TPU or Incipio Feather.

wpwoodjr

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
You can buy 3M vinyl skins from Amazon. Just search for "3M 1080 vinyl". There is carbon, satin black, all kinds of colors and textures.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan