Armband for VZW LG G2?

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I know there is a thread for cases, but I am a runner and will need a new armband when I purchase my G2. Anyone with a G2 that uses an armband? And if so, can you direct me to one that will fit the G2? I plan to put a case on my G2 so I would prefer to find an armband that is big enough for me to slide the G2 in with the case on. I don't want to order my new phone until I know I can find all the necessary accessories! :)

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I did look at amazon. But they don't say if the VZW G2 will fit in them. That's why I was hoping to find someone who already found one that fit.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I did look at amazon. But they don't say if the VZW G2 will fit in them. That's why I was hoping to find someone who already found one that fit.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

With an armband I wouldn't think it would matter if it says Verizon specifically. The only difference between the two are the buttons and it is a hair thicker because of the wireless charging, but neoprene is designed to stretch so the added 0.1 mm shouldn't make a difference. This one says one size fits all Amazon.com: Black ArmBand Workout Case Arm Band Cover Screen protector For LG G2 with Free Pouch: Cell Phones & Accessories.

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
With an armband I wouldn't think it would matter if it says Verizon specifically. The only difference between the two are the buttons and it is a hair thicker because of the wireless charging, but neoprene is designed to stretch so the added 0.1 mm shouldn't make a difference. This one says one size fits all Amazon.com: Black ArmBand Workout Case Arm Band Cover Screen protector For LG G2 with Free Pouch: Cell Phones & Accessories.

I agree. I also was figuring I could probably find a universal armband (not specific to the G2) that the G2 with case would fit in to. Again, was just hoping someone else already went thru this and found one - to save me time on researching and avoiding a potential purchase that will result in a return. ;)

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I also was figuring I could probably find a universal armband (not specific to the G2) that the G2 with case would fit in to. Again, was just hoping someone else already went thru this and found one - to save me time on researching and avoiding a potential purchase that will result in a return. ;)

Understandable, if someone has gone through the troubles before you then why not check first, but given that the phone is so new, you may have to be the guinea pig.

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I am guessing that will be the case. I currently have an Arkon and see that they have a larger size armband for Galaxy Note and Note II and other phones up to 5.3 screen size. So I may give that a whirl (it might be big, but might also allow me slide it in with my case on).

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
So, I bought my G2 yesterday... So far I LOVE it! And this morning, I was able to get it (with the case on) into my existing Arkon armband so I could use it on my run. It was a tight fit - fit pretty good width wise, but not heightwise so I really had to stretch it to get over the top to secure it in. Still want to find a larger band, but at least I can use what I have until I find something (still thinking of trying the Arkon for 5.3 screen phones.

lakaw

May 5, 2011
Visit site
The G2 fits the Tunebelt AB86 I used for my GNex. A couple of issues though...

1. Knock On doesn't seem to work through the screen protector of the armband.
  2. No onscreen volume control for Play Music

Knock Off works. Kind of strange.

Kris Nelson

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

If you pull the notification shade down while playing music the volume control slider pop's up.

Posted via Android Central App

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you think that without a case the I would have a better fit if I got the Arkon armband? And link to the armband by any chance?

This is the one I currently have (had bought it for my thunderbolt I used to have) - Arkon XL Smartphone Workout Armband - Up to 4.3" - yes, it does fit better without the case, but still have to stretch it to fit over the top.

This is the one I am considering purchasing so that it fits better - Arkon Sport Armband for Galaxy Note & Galaxy Note II - Phones Up to 5.5"

lmb4321

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Full disclosure here, for the past 3 years I have been designing and selling the HB Tune brand hand band (HB Tune hand band home page) so I am obviously biased, We have a pouch that will fit the LG - G2, which is our smartphone sized pouch, just click on the tab for smart phones at HB Tune hand band home page. Our hand band is similar to an armband in material and price - they are $24.99, but it is designed to fit in your hand, as well as your arm. When you wear it in your hand, the design nestles your phone in the palm of your hand, in exactly the same spot as if you were simply holding it. You will also easily be able to touch through the screen. It is also designed to be used as an armband and comes with a stretchy arm band that will fit most arms without pinching. My apologies in advance if this sounds like a sales pitch, but I invented it because I am a runner as well and truly believe in the concept.

lakaw

May 5, 2011
Visit site

***UPDATE***
As @Kris Nelson said, volume is in the pull-down, so that issue is resolved.

The armband is all neoprene with plastic covering over the face of the G2. It's a little ripply, not statically bonded like some of the screen protectors, so I thought maybe the proximity sensor was not sensing my hand. I pulled the top of the armband down to expose the proximity sensor, and Knock On works every time. Apparently Knock Off doesn't use the proximity sensor... I am going to alter my armband to expose the proximity sensor.

I did run into another issue with headphone controls. I use Google Play Music for my tunes. It seems headphone controls default to only control the LG Music app (even with Play Music running). I'm going to try and disable LG Music and see how that goes...

dc5_alex

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

jessiedonnie

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
The problem I've found is all the ones on Amazon have the headphone jack on the top with no opening on the bottom. The G2 has the headphone jack on the bottom of the phone.

kicks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the tunebelt ab86 that I used with my S3 and the G2 barely fits in there. The notification pulldown is harder to use and the edge of the screen is inaccessible. I'm actually thinking of putting the phone in upside down to account for the headphone jack. Might make it easier to read the display while running.

I ordered a Trident Aegis case for the G2 and called tunebelt customer service to ask about cases and it appears the AB88 will fit the phone with the case. The dimensions of the case make its circumference 0.04" larger than the recommended fit on their website, but the rep said that it should work well in the AB88. Hope this info helps

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I finally purchased a new armband (having to stretch my old one to fit finally took its toll on it). I purchased an iHome armband for the S3/S4. The G2 fits in it with my case on it. Have had some issues working the screen thru the plastic window, but I can live with that since I don't need to access it once I get my music and run app started. There is also an opening on the bottom so I can easily plug in my headphones. My dislikes are mostly the band- it's not elastic so I can't strap it and then pull it onto my arm, so I've been wearing it on my lower arm. I also have had an issue with the GPS working when I try to start my runapp - I have to play with the cover abit to get the GPS engaged. I am guessing the cover is somehow affecting the radio signal reception.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk