Color light for noticications

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, the native application on the phone out of the box does not permit changing the LED notification colors, much to my dismay. Seems silly, since it's clearly capable of multi-color notifications.

However, based on suggestions here on AC, I'm using the Light Flow Lite (i.e., free) app and it works like a charm.

The only thing you have to do is make sure that, in your Settings (Display/advanced settings) you have "Notification light" turned ON but, within the Notification light settings, UNCHECK any notification you want Light Flow to control. For instance, on mine I unchecked all except for Alarm (because I liked the idea of the multi-color LED notificaiton for that in the native menu.) Everything else I have controlled with Light Flow, and it works great.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

p.s. - your avatar is great! I'm Dad to 2 labs, myself. ;)

Last edited:

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I also use light flow and have all native notifications turned off, I also have the charging notification turned off in both places, however the red blinking light still comes on when I plug in the charger and then turns green when the battery is fully charged. Anyone else have this issue? If not, how did you get the charging light to completely turn off?

MadManMoon

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I got my VZW LG G2 today, and immediately rooted, flashed TWRP, and installed CleanROM 1.0. However, for the life of me I can't get LightFlow to work! The dummy test won't flash anything, and none of my notifications actually trigger the LED, even though they're active in LightFlow. I have LED notifications turned on in the phone's settings, but all front LED notifications are off except the alarm (I like the multicolored notification!). Any ideas? Those of you that have LightFlow successfully working, what are your settings? Are you rooted?

Thanks!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Try turning off notifications on phone settings and apps. and let light flow control them. See if that works. Otherwise email Andrew the light flow developer. He is very helpful. His addy is in playstore app page. Oh, and grant lightflow root access and check accessibility under settings.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2