Nexus 5 software

andre2p

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Hello:

Even though I would really like a Nexus 5, I do not want to leave Verizon. I need a new phone but I am undecided between the G2 and the Note 3. I am wondering if it will be easier for developers to port the Nexus 5 derived ROMs to the LG since they will probably be very similar hardware. I tend to like AOSP on my phone, like my Galaxy Nexus. Phone size is not an issue.

Opinions welcomed. Thanks.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there is any doubt that there will be AOSP ROMs coming eventually. I came from a Galaxy Nexus and in all honesty I am pleasantly surprised with LG's UI. There are quite a few features that I absolutely love and I actually don't care to go back to vanilla at the moment. LG really did a good job with this phone in regard to hardware and software in my opinion.

andre2p

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Another advantage to the possibility of using Nexus 5 ROMs would be more frequent updates.

I don't think there is any doubt that there will be AOSP ROMs coming eventually. I came from a Galaxy Nexus and in all honesty I am pleasantly surprised with LG's UI. There are quite a few features that I absolutely love and I actually don't care to go back to vanilla at the moment. LG really did a good job with this phone in regard to hardware and software in my opinion.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I actually don't care to go back to vanilla at the moment. .

This is actually one of the things i love about android. From my evo og i was a hard core rooter. Loved flashing a new rom to change up the look and feel of my phone. Now with my Htc One I really like the native features. Android has come a long way and there are so many ways you can alter your device without rooting. I just havent felt the need to root just yet. So i agree totally

To the OP good luck with your choice. Either way it sounds like you'll be getting a good phone

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

I'm really glad to hear you say this, as someone with Android and Nexus experience. I'm new to Android, but have really liked pretty much everything about the G2's UI, so have been perplexed by all the reviews that rant about how absolutely horrible they think it is, especially compared to the vanilla Android of Nexus. It's all subjective, of course, and I guess you help prove that.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm really glad to hear you say this, as someone with Android and Nexus experience. I'm new to Android, but have really liked pretty much everything about the G2's UI, so have been perplexed by all the reviews that rant about how absolutely horrible they think it is, especially compared to the vanilla Android of Nexus. It's all subjective, of course, and I guess you help prove that.

Well a lot of people are giving it crap because they think it is a Touchwiz ripoff and I guess if all you are looking at are the icons and bright colors of the default settings, then I guess they are similar, but aside from that I don't think the G2's UI is quite as gimmicky as the S4's. And before I had my Galaxy Nexus I had the Thunderbolt so I went from Sense, to vanilla, to LG's UI and so far I'm really liking LG's UI.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay