Change the "Swipe to Outer Circle" answering behavior?

lospolloshermanos

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Excuse me if this has been asked before... but is there any way to change the "swipe to outer circle" call answering behavior on the LG G2?

I looked through the settings and was unable to find it. I can always turn on the "bring phone to ear answers call" but this isn't so useful when connected via bluetooth in the car.

I'm not sure what I'd change it to, but I find the "swipe to outer circle" action to be somewhat clumsy and not precise.

TIA,

- Los Pollos Hermanos

kizer8

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

Excuse me if this has been asked before... but is there any way to change the "swipe to outer circle" call answering behavior on the LG G2?

I looked through the settings and was unable to find it. I can always turn on the "bring phone to ear answers call" but this isn't so useful when connected via bluetooth in the car.

I'm not sure what I'd change it to, but I find the "swipe to outer circle" action to be somewhat clumsy and not precise.

TIA,

- Los Pollos Hermanos
I hate this feature, anyone know how to disable it?

ytwokc5

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

TIA,

- Los Pollos Hermanos

The swipe to outer circle answering behavior with the VZW LG G2 is my single biggest annoyance with this phone. Sometimes takes a few swipes to answer the phone when the screen is locked.

jwgeist

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Frankly I just don't see an "outer circle" at all to begin with. It's very weird that this is how they decided to describe how to answer the call. I haven't had any issues with it being unresponsive, I just find it stupid and bizarre.

user242

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I totally agree with you guys. I find this swiping to the "unknown circle" inconsistent and un-precise to answer a phone call. It's annoying and a bit frustrating when it takes me a few tries to answer a freaking call.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

rackumrack

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed I actually have to press the green answer button then swipe up and that seems to alleviate the multiple attempts to answer.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
As far as I can tell, all you need to do is swipe the green icon in any direction, and it answers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Have had the phone for weeks now, finally got a phone call on it (Use Maybe 20 Minutes a month).... Just TOUCH the Green Button and swipe in any direction... Not a hard concept...

But i did do some searching and there is no way to change it.... One handed Swipe and the phone answered and or denied with ease

paulchoi517

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
I know it is a little bit annoying, but, if you practice several times how to do it correctly, it is really easy.
Press it with your thumb for a second until you see a green circle waving, then swipe all the way up.

Press it with your thumb for a second. When you see a green circle waving, swipe all the way up toward the top.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott Johnson10

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I know it's well intended but explaining how to do it correctly simply underscores the problem. If you can make a call by clicking why can't you answer it the same way? And why do square answer buttons come up sometimes but not others, and why can't the user choose which is the default? Have you ever tried to answer a call from an alarm company at 3 a.m. in the dark using swipe? Are you over 65? Have limited finger dexterity? This is not something people should have to put up with.

Possible Solution: Google Play Full Screen Caller ID. Just installed toady. Only had two incoming calls yet but both came up with "Answer/Ignore" BUTTONS, not the stupid swipe. Much much easier. Works so far and is free. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
I just did something and have no clue what it was but I got it to where it is in a box There are 3 boxes answer....ignore with message.....ignore It was in setting accessibilty Dexterity and Interaction Hit touch control area and turn it on but once you turn that on The touch assistance turns off. I can't guarantee this is what did it for me but no more circle swiping stuff

johnjonz

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I haven't figured out a way to change it yet. The swipe to outer circle screen appears when the phone has been sitting idle for a while, and you have to enter a pin, or a pattern, or simply swipe up to begin using your phone( and someone calls your phone). If your phone is being used AFTER you pin,pattern, or swipe...then the phone will have the answer/ignore(or ignore with message,if you have that set up) when someone calls your phone. I'm still looking for a way to disable the swipe to answer completely, whether the phone is active or not. I just realized that was a worded mess.. in other words, if your using your phone and someone calls in, you get the answer/ignore option. if your phone is sitting on the table and someone calls in, you get that stupid swipe to circle option,

Last edited:

Lorakinter

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
Found it :)

Found it! First go to settings on your phone. ( not ringtone settings) Go to general once you have that up, go to accessibility. Once there click Dexterity and interaction. Then you will see were you can change to Touch and hold for calls ( answer or decline calls without swiping.) So happy to have found this. You would think it would be easier than that.

CJR721

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
I have an LG G5 and just chatted with a rep. Here is the answer:

You can change the call answering settings. Go into Settings-Accessibility-Click Dexterity and interaction, then you have the option to select Touch and hold calls/Answer or decline calls without swiping;)