Disabling bloat?

Jeffk23

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I have hidden the many pre-installed apps I don't use. Is there any way to ditch them completely. If so, how? And, at least for me, no rooting tips please....

Posted via Android Central App

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have hidden the many pre-installed apps I don't use. Is there any way to ditch them completely. If so, how? And, at least for me, no rooting tips please....

You have to go to the application manager to actually disable the apps. It's in the general settings.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site

You can only disable the apps, Deleting them is impossible without root.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Okay, step by step.

Go to Settings > General > Application Manager > All

Then tap the app and if you are able to disable it, the Disable button will be there.

Jeffk23

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Does disabling apps save you as much memory as uninstalling them? If not, what's the advantage of disabling them?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Does disabling apps save you as much memory as uninstalling them? If not, what's the advantage of disabling them?

True it still consumes memory by laying disabled on the device but same time it's also not running in the background taking up resources and taxing the device.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums App.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
True it still consumes memory by laying disabled on the device but same time it's also not running in the background taking up resources and taxing the device.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums App.

Exactly what I was going to say. Disabling them at least stops them from running taking up precious RAM

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Could you post a list of what you disabled.

I'd imagine a VZW owner with some time on their hands wouldn't putting a list together, but honestly, you can discover this yourself. If you go to Settings > Apps > and slide to the right to "ALL", you can tap each App. If the Disable button is greyed out, you can't disable it. If it's not greyed out, you can.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey