Gorilla Glass 3?? Are you sure?

downbeat4

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I used my S4 for three months. I didn't use a screen protector the while time and there isn't anything at all that resembles a scratch or a scuff. I've had my current G2 for four days and there are a numbers of small scuffs.
The phone goes in my right pocket and it doesn't share that space with anything. If it has Gorilla Glass 3 then why the hell would it scratch? My S4 lookss brand new.

Posted via Android Central App

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
It was never advertised at GG3, always GG2. LG says that, Corning says that, it's GG2.

I do what you do, only the phone resides in my pocket, nothing else. I've never gotten a scratch on my screen with any phone I've used, most recently the SG3. I've had the G2 since it came out and it too is blemish free. I just wonder if you didn't get something in your pocket that was small, yet hard. That could easily have caused a scratch.

steve daniels

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I used my S4 for three months. I didn't use a screen protector the while time and there isn't anything at all that resembles a scratch or a scuff. I've had my current G2 for four days and there are a numbers of small scuffs.
The phone goes in my right pocket and it doesn't share that space with anything. If it has Gorilla Glass 3 then why the hell would it scratch? My S4 lookss brand new.

Products | CORNING? GORILLA? GLASS

(Gorilla Glass 2)

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
This is actually the first phone where I've gone without a screen protector and haven't gotten some sort of scratch within the first two weeks. Of course I do have the smart window case and I put a cloth on it. Hopefully it holds up until I get my flexible glass screen protector.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

Bdrago86

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
OP I am in the same boat. I've had multiple phones that I still have and are scratch free. I got my G2 and it was scratched within a few days. I'm super careful with my phone and am now waiting on my case and screen protector comes it. I'm baffled as to how I scratched my screen.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I too never use a screen protector, and after just a couple weeks have some marks on the screen. You have to hold it in the light just right to see them, but I know they are there and it bugs me. I have a DNA that gets thrown around and there's not a mark, same with my One and iPhone 5. This phone seems fragile as far as the screen goes.

downbeat4

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Weird... I thought it was GG3. I swear I read it somewhere. After using the S4, im a big fan of of GG3...oh well.

fjd726

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I was going to buy this phone today from Verizon until I saw all the scratches on the screen. Although it was a working model, other phones near it didn't have a scratch. The G2 was the only model that showed visible scratches. Looking at something else for now.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I was going to buy this phone today from Verizon until I saw all the scratches on the screen. Although it was a working model, other phones near it didn't have a scratch. The G2 was the only model that showed visible scratches. Looking at something else for now.

Using the floor model as an example for anything is a horrible idea. You have no idea about the circumstances surrounding the condition of any of the devices, software or hardware.

I've never had a problem with surface scratches on any of my phones, but I've been using the Belkin Wallet case for my G2. One of the things I like about it is that the screen is protected while in my pocket.

fjd726

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I agree to a point but how do you explain other working phones adjacent to the G2 with no visible scratches? They appear to be used just as much.

HarvesterX?

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

It's a shame that you used the floor model as an example. The phone is exceptionally sturdy for what it is and you passed on a phone that not only runs top of it's class, but one with possibly the most beautiful display on a phone at the moment. LG didn't just repackage existing display technology from previous phones. They took a pioneering step forwards in the direction other OEMs should follow. Less battery consumption, video GRAM, and much more.

It doesn't matter if the phones adjacent to it are pristine and ladened in gold leaf...you shouldn't ever use the floor model to judge how durable a device is. A pissed off teenager may have come in before you and intentionally vandalized it (same as if they had decided to take keys to a car), or a numher of things could have happened to it along those lines. I've seen great devices in horrendous condition before at the Verizon store here in town and the AT&T store, and seen multiple WalMarts which had scratched up and dented phones on display.

ilhe1s

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
HarvesterX™;3170865 said:
It's a shame that you used the floor model as an example. The phone is exceptionally sturdy for what it is and you passed on a phone that not only runs top of it's class, but one with possibly the most beautiful display on a phone at the moment. LG didn't just repackage existing display technology from previous phones. They took a pioneering step forwards in the direction other OEMs should follow. Less battery consumption, video GRAM, and much more.

It doesn't matter if the phones adjacent to it are pristine and ladened in gold leaf...you shouldn't ever use the floor model to judge how durable a device is. A pissed off teenager may have come in before you and intentionally vandalized it (same as if they had decided to take keys to a car), or a numher of things could have happened to it along those lines. I've seen great devices in horrendous condition before at the Verizon store here in town and the AT&T store, and seen multiple WalMarts which had scratched up and dented phones on display.

I completely agree and this is why they should Otterbox all of their display devices. ;) (sarcasm)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol