LG G2: camera lag and not focusing well?

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I just traded my droid max for the g2 and the one thin that really sticks out to me is how long it takes to focus as well as taking the picture. Is their any specific settings that makes it all perfect or is this an issue that will be addressed in an update ?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Nabkawe5

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: camera lag and not focusing well?

I just traded my droid max for the g2 and the one thin that really sticks out to me is how long it takes to focus as well as taking the picture. Is their any specific settings that makes it all perfect or is this an issue that will be addressed in an update ?

I have the same observation about focus issues, its slow and the multipoint focus was not a feature asked for by ANY ONE ! :(

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Its pretty bad I played with att model prior to doing this trade since I was in a att and the camera on that wasn't nearly as slow. Its frustrating especially coming from the maxx

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

in dark or well lit room or outside in daylight? cus daylight, it works awesome. but dark settings, it sucks. takes as long as my razr did.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Yeah inside. In my living room. I mean all the lights are on but I guess it doesn't help

I really only did the trade because I plan on getting a moto x anyways once Verizon had moto maker so I figured having maxx and moto x was redundant and figured I try out g2 since it was a even trade.

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

Did you take the blue ring off from around the lens? it does make a difference even though it doesn't cover over it directly.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

change the brightness setting. see if going up or down on the brightness helps. not the screen brightness but the -2-10+1+2 numbers.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Stickers off. Tinkering with setting a hasn't helped. I'm a little disappointed to say the least I really am not seeing much of a plus over the camera compared to maxx I was expecting a lot better. Maxx actually took way better pictures in low light compared to this. Do you all leave it on normal mode or intelligent auto mode?

I'm not trying to come off as a troll or bashing but it definitely is not what I was expecting and I'm sort of regretting my decision to trade.

I guess the one bright side can be that it really appears to be software related so I think it can get better and like I said I didn't notice it be this slow or bad with att model as far as playing in the store.

Maybe I just had better expectations for the camera due to reviews.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site

in dark or well lit room or outside in daylight? cus daylight, it works awesome. but dark settings, it sucks. takes as long as my razr did.

It's fast in good light, in poor light not so much. I also think dropping the exposure to -1 helps not only with the overall sharpness & exposure, but also with the lag. It still won't be fast in poor light, but you might find it a bit better.

potsked

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

I switched back to the Google 4.2.2 Camera app I used on my Gnex. They had accidentally released the APK for it on the GS3 or 4 (can't remember which). I like the interface better and the focusing is faster. The only downside is that the publicliy available version I found only lets you shoot up to 8MP. It's a big step down in numbers, but in useful pixels I found the difference to be very negligable.

LGElectronics

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

Hi,

We would be happy to provide some guidance on this. We did test some of the phones here and are not having the same issue. This could be isolated to your phone. Suggestion would be to contact your carrier and see if there is a software issue on your phone. ^CL

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Quite impressed if this is really lg replying to this thread.

Like I said the camera is phenomenal outside its just indoors where I'm disappointed . I was trying to take a picture of my animals just to see how it would do and had living room light on and when I would point it toward them it would have a lot of trouble focusing and when moving the camera/phone around to take a picture of an object it almost looks like a slow motion video .

codyfred85

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

I've had the same issues. Also had a Droid Maxx before switching to the G2.
If it's not bright and you're outside, the pictures look fuzzy. I'm hoping future software updates help address the issue. Other than that, it's a great device.

elusivek

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

Hi,

We would be happy to provide some guidance on this. We did test some of the phones here and are not having the same issue. This could be isolated to your phone. Suggestion would be to contact your carrier and see if there is a software issue on your phone. ^CL
I would love some guidance because I'm having some of the same issues as well. It's very noticeable and makes the camera just about useless because you miss everything.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site

Stickers off. Tinkering with setting a hasn't helped. I'm a little disappointed to say the least I really am not seeing much of a plus over the camera compared to maxx I was expecting a lot better. Maxx actually took way better pictures in low light compared to this. Do you all leave it on normal mode or intelligent auto mode?

I'm not trying to come off as a troll or bashing but it definitely is not what I was expecting and I'm sort of regretting my decision to trade.

I guess the one bright side can be that it really appears to be software related so I think it can get better and like I said I didn't notice it be this slow or bad with att model as far as playing in the store.

Maybe I just had better expectations for the camera due to reviews.

thanks for this. i was split between the maxx and the g2 but i think you just helped me.

Daingerfield

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

This seems to be a pretty well known con to this phone. I experience this as well and hopefully its something that can be fixed in the future with a software update. Other than this problem, this is by far the best phone. The Pros heavily outweigh the Con of slowly focusing in low light, but that's my opinion.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site

Changing the ISO from auto help with the lag

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

I have the same observation about focus issues, its slow and the multipoint focus was not a feature asked for by ANY ONE ! :(
I'm sure manufacturers don't take requests before building smartphones. The multipoint focus feature actually is quite popular and quite useful if I'm to believe what I've read on a few message boards. I like it.
Of course, your results may vary.

papergirl1330

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site

had mine a week switched from s3 this camera is awful same issues slow and trouble focus and at 13mp I expect clarity not digital zoom like fuzz! tempted to take back and get note 2 as the 3 is tooo pricey and not too interested in 4, like htc 1 but screen size too small...any opinions on a quad core with a great camera?

also issues with touch screen while charger plugged in :/

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza