Verizon LG G2 - Anybody got foxfi to work?

aboswell77

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Can you post how you were able to load the mods. I can't seem to find the app to remove it and readd. It keeps denying. I have root.

Last edited:

mgindi26

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much any Verizon phone on stock 4.2 or newer is not going to work with any free hotspot or tethering plan. Verizon has locked out all the exploits they were using to bypass the Verizon hotspot authentication so that the only one that works now, without root, is theirs. It stopped working on my GNEX when it got updated to 4.2 and everyone else I know on 4.2 or newer can't get it to work either. If you look at the reviews on the Play Store, you can see where everyone on Verizon is posting complaints.

Foxfi updated their app the change log lists a bunch of Verizon phones that it works with unfortunately the LG G2 is not on the list.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

heggood

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that open garden app works (without root) for Internet usage. I am tethering my Nexus 7 wifi only to my G2 using open garden bluetooth connection. Works like a charm :)

Last edited:

essjay50

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I bought an LG g2 last week and found out about the FoxFi problem when I started loading apps on to the phone. I wrote to PDAnet asking if any fixes were in order.
Received a reply today...bad news, folks!

foxfi.JPG

comk4ver

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
If you only need wifi then the modded hotspot is good otherwise, I'd use clockworkmod's tether for usb. I find that foxfi stops working on the USB tether after a bit, yes I'm a paid user for both apps.

Charles Atherton

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Pretty much any Verizon phone on stock 4.2 or newer is not going to work with any free hotspot or tethering plan. Verizon has locked out all the exploits they were using to bypass the Verizon hotspot authentication so that the only one that works now, without root, is theirs. It stopped working on my GNEX when it got updated to 4.2 and everyone else I know on 4.2 or newer can't get it to work either. If you look at the reviews on the Play Store, you can see where everyone on Verizon is posting complaints.

HT . One. Max. ..fox fi works great..note. 3..works great..LG. G2. ..does not work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20