Verizon LG G2 - Anybody got foxfi to work?

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming you still have unlimited? Otherwise, I've had no problems with the VZW Hotspot

Posted via Android Central App

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know no free hotspots are working on Verizon. As far as a couple weeks ago anyway, I tried every one I could find.

On a side note do you have unlimited data? If so you can now use that on Verizon's hotspot plan. It does cost a pretty penny compared to free ($30 a month) but you get to use your unlimited data unlike before. I decided to bite the bullet and use it once I found out. I had a hotspot (MiFi) I was spending $80 a month on because the 4G wasn't strong enough on my GNex at work to use a free hotspot. So now with the strong radios on the G2 I'm using the $30 hotspot unlimited data and still saving $50 since I cancelled my MiFi.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I have foxfi on my razr maxx but haven't tried it in a few of weeks. So it no longer works? Main reason I was keeping my unlimited, for when my home Internet dies (yay comcast....)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have foxfi on my razr maxx but haven't tried it in a few of weeks. So it no longer works? Main reason I was keeping my unlimited, for when my home Internet dies (yay comcast....)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app

I'm thinking it just doesn't work for the G2. It's a shame because it would be great to have hotspot, but I wouldn't use it enough to make it worth the $30 Or even worth rooting.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Yea the method posted on xda definitely requires root. Hopefully foxfi will update soon to allow us to use it on the g2.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

HD_Renegade

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Yea the method posted on xda definitely requires root. Hopefully foxfi will update soon to allow us to use it on the g2.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

I am not sure, but maybe the file can be side loaded with the ADB driver??? I am not really up on how ADB is used but I have read where people have side loaded thing, and I think they did it without being rooted.

heggood

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Anybody ever get foxfi working without root? I was hoping to upgrade from the Note 2 to this phone but w/o free hotspot its a deal breaker.

Posted via Android Central App

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much any Verizon phone on stock 4.2 or newer is not going to work with any free hotspot or tethering plan. Verizon has locked out all the exploits they were using to bypass the Verizon hotspot authentication so that the only one that works now, without root, is theirs. It stopped working on my GNEX when it got updated to 4.2 and everyone else I know on 4.2 or newer can't get it to work either. If you look at the reviews on the Play Store, you can see where everyone on Verizon is posting complaints.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much any Verizon phone on stock 4.2 or newer is not going to work with any free hotspot or tethering plan. Verizon has locked out all the exploits they were using to bypass the Verizon hotspot authentication so that the only one that works now, without root, is theirs. It stopped working on my GNEX when it got updated to 4.2 and everyone else I know on 4.2 or newer can't get it to work either. If you look at the reviews on the Play Store, you can see where everyone on Verizon is posting complaints.

Well with my GNex I was able to use a different shortcut that wasn't FoxFi, but I think the difference is that the non-Nexus phones have Verizon's hotspot shortcut as the default. With the GNex it was the default shortcut just pointing to Verizon's hotspot and that's why different exploits were able to work where as the other phones you have to root.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma