VZW Price Drop to $149

archangel849

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I just made the switch to Verizon Thursday. Went through telesales, and picked up the G2 for 149. Should get it Monday morning. I've had sprint for 12 plus years, and benn having nothing but issues with service lately 6 months). I have an Airave and still no service in my home. I have nine months left on my contract, and tried everything to get out of it and yet they wouldn't do it. Kept getting their famous excuse... the towers. I finally contacted the FCC and filed a complaint on the 9th. I received a call from Sprint Regulatory and Executive Services Thursday, and was told they would be happy to waive my ETF. I contacted Verizon, placed my order and it was shipped out Thursday. I'm not really a data user, so I'm not going to miss the unlimited data, plus I'm surely not going to miss Sprint. Hope Big Red is better. I've got 14 days to find out.

adauth

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
That's a nice price, too bad I have unlimited data and cant upgrade...

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2

Yes you can. I also have unlimited data and didn't want to lose it. If you have another line on your plan just upgrade that line then just switch your unlimited data sim into the new phone. Presto new phone and retain unlimited data.
:D

tjrssibelle

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately the basic phone I can upgrade to is out of the country for a month, so its gonna be tough for me to activate it before the 14 day grace period (im not sure how long the sale is good for). Also the price keeps going down, hopefully by Thanksgivings I can pick it up for free or $50.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2

bamabun

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
can the verizon30 discount be applied to an outright purchase? i tried and it accepted it, but it didnt reflect it in the price

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
the new code is supposed to be VZWDEAL. reported on droid-life.com

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

bamabun

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
the new code is supposed to be VZWDEAL. reported on droid-life.com

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

that one doesnt work either. it is weird, it accepts it like the other, but does not discount price. if you enter an invalid code it tells you, these two dont reject but dont work ;) would love to buy one outright with discount.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
$50 with a phone trade in...

' get a minimum $50 gift card when you trade in your working smartphone at a Best Buy store.'

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

50 minimum my *** too btw because when I enter put in the Rezound it quotes less than that. wtf

confusing too btw because when you click the "buy now" button on this link: https://deals.bestbuy.com//featured...gb+memory+mobile+phone++black+atampt#!1723195 and then scroll down on the next screen to special offers it mentions a 50 dollar gift card from BB but nothing about a phone trade in. Odd.

HD_Renegade

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
$50 with a phone trade in...

' get a minimum $50 gift card when you trade in your working smartphone at a Best Buy store.'

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Just trying to save some other people at little cash in getting a new phone that do not want to pay full retail like I did.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Just trying to save some other people at little cash in getting a new phone that do not want to pay full retail like I did.

No problem with that, thanks for sharing. Plus, it gives people an alternative retailer to purchase from.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AC Forums mobile app