Otter Box Defender for the G2

HD_Renegade

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Otter Box came out with the Defender Series for the G2, but it states on their web page that it will not fit the VZW G2.

I have the VZW G2 and I have one on order. I heard from a good source that it will fit the VZW G2, but I will let people know for sure once mine gets here if it works or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Otter Box Deneder for the G2

Otter Box came out with the Defender Series for the G2, but it states on their web page that it will not fit the VZW G2.

I have the VZW G2 and I have one on order. I heard from a good source that it will fit the VZW G2, but I will let people know for sure once mine gets here if it works or not.
Aren't the speakers different on the VZW G2?

HD_Renegade

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

Aren't the speakers different on the VZW G2?

From what I have read on XDA one is a speaker and one is a mic on the VZW model. NOt sure this would be an issue with then Defender Series but I will post back to help whom ever i can once I get mine.

allongo

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

Thank you for letting us know. I called them... the girl knew nothing.. Let us know how it fits. Thanks, Al

Posted via Android Central App

allongo

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

Got the defender from a Verizon store made for the verizon vs980. Fits great, back buttons are easy to find and it slips in and out of pocket easily and works with the wireless charger. What more can a guy ask for. I think knock knock Works better with the screen protector but that could be me since I have started using my fingernail. It feels less bulky and smoother than the ballistic case which I have.

HD_Renegade

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

I am in the process of sending mine back to Otter Box, and I have ordered the VZW Otter Box Defender from Verizon. It should be here Monday. On the bright side of things, at least I got a 25% discount from VZW.

Millerthyme59

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

I am in the process of sending mine back to Otter Box, and I have ordered the VZW Otter Box Defender from Verizon. It should be here Monday. On the bright side of things, at least I got a 25% discount from VZW.

Did you order thru the Verizon Website?

Sent from my VS980 4G

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

So I'm assuming it didn't fit? And have you looked at the Incipio Dual Pro? Are you looking for port protection?

HD_Renegade

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

So I'm assuming it didn't fit? And have you looked at the Incipio Dual Pro? Are you looking for port protection?

I really like the protection that Otter Box offers. I ordered the first defender series from Otter Box before they added to the specs that it would not fit the Verizon Phone. A little over a week after Otter Box brought out the Defender for the G2, Verizon has the one that fits my phone. I had not looked at the Dual Pro. Not sure if the DP has a belt clip like the Defender Series or not, but that is also one of the key things I need for my phone case.

xr6

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

Im in construction. Id like to get the defender. Can you tell me about the built in screen protector. I imagine it is not as responsive as the regular plastic ones , but can you talk about that and also if it has dust covers. Description says it provides dust protection but from the images it looks like holes are exposed.
Thx in advance

HD_Renegade

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

Im in construction. Id like to get the defender. Can you tell me about the built in screen protector. I imagine it is not as responsive as the regular plastic ones , but can you talk about that and also if it has dust covers. Description says it provides dust protection but from the images it looks like holes are exposed.
Thx in advance

I had a Defender Series on my old Razr Maxx for over a year. This is self is why I really want one for my G2. The Screen Protector does not hinder at all with how the screen will respond to touch. It does a very good job at keeping the dust out. I think I may have taken my old one apart maybe once every couple of months to clean anything that had been able to get into the phone. My old Razr Maxx looks like it is new from the protection of the Otter Box Case. Feel free to ask any other questions you would like, and I will do my best to reply.

xr6

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

Appreciated quick response from you.

Are the port ( ear phone jack . charging port ..etc) covered or plugged?

I had a Defender Series on my old Razr Maxx for over a year. This is self is why I really want one for my G2. The Screen Protector does not hinder at all with how the screen will respond to touch. It does a very good job at keeping the dust out. I think I may have taken my old one apart maybe once every couple of months to clean anything that had been able to get into the phone. My old Razr Maxx looks like it is new from the protection of the Otter Box Case. Feel free to ask any other questions you would like, and I will do my best to reply.

allongo

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Got the verizon defender 2 days ago. It fits perfect everything is covered and protected. I don't think the screen protector effects the sensitivity much if any. It adds some bulk probably the same or less than the ballistic, but the protection it adds is worth it. Its not slick and is easy in and out of the pocket. It goes in and out of the holster easy. It's a little expensive but I think it's worth the price considering what the phone would cost to replace. I work outside in the elements or in a dusty shop and I think this will keep my phone safe. Might have to replace the screen protector every so often, was thinking about putting one of those cut to fit screens on top of it to keep it from getting to scratched up. Love the phone and the case.

Millerthyme59

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

Got the verizon defender 2 days ago. It fits perfect everything is covered and protected. I don't think the screen protector effects the sensitivity much if any. It adds some bulk probably the same or less than the ballistic, but the protection it adds is worth it. Its not slick and is easy in and out of the pocket. It goes in and out of the holster easy. It's a little expensive but I think it's worth the price considering what the phone would cost to replace. I work outside in the elements or in a dusty shop and I think this will keep my phone safe. Might have to replace the screen protector every so often, was thinking about putting one of those cut to fit on top of it to keep it from getting to scratched up. Love the phone and the case.

I've got one coming!

Sent from my VS980 4G

HD_Renegade

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

Appreciated quick response from you.

Are the port ( ear phone jack . charging port ..etc) covered or plugged?

Yes all the ports are covered with a flap to open if needed. I did forget to mention that Otter Box gives a one year warranty on the case for any issues to offer a replacement if it breaks too. My belt clip broke on vacation last year, when I got home I had a new complete replacement phone case waiting for me.

HD_Renegade

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

Got the verizon defender 2 days ago. It fits perfect everything is covered and protected. I don't think the screen protector effects the sensitivity much if any. It adds some bulk probably the same or less than the ballistic, but the protection it adds is worth it. Its not slick and is easy in and out of the pocket. It goes in and out of the holster easy. It's a little expensive but I think it's worth the price considering what the phone would cost to replace. I work outside in the elements or in a dusty shop and I think this will keep my phone safe. Might have to replace the screen protector every so often, was thinking about putting one of those cut to fit screens on top of it to keep it from getting to scratched up. Love the phone and the case.

No inside screen protection needed at all. I can't wait for my new Otter Box to get here in Monday.

xr6

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

Just ordered the defender, arrives
Tuesday. Doesn't look easy to get out of case so I can swap with more stream lines cases when Im home, . I read some about condensation issues on inside and some said it also attracts grime easily, but then again so did my verizon screen protector

HD_Renegade

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

Just ordered the defender, arrives
Tuesday. Doesn't look easy to get out of case so I can swap with more stream lines cases when Im home, . I read some about condensation issues on inside and some said it also attracts grime easily, but then again so did my verizon screen protector

I never had any of those issues in the 1 yr plus with my Razr Maxx, and the defender.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670