LG G2 reboots on its own

max042083

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I am on my second LG G2 phone in the last 2 weeks and it just randomly restarts/reboots on its own! I am livid. I just went to Verizon and they said maybe it's an app that is causing the phone to restart so I deleted any apps that I thought might cause this. Still the same, I put the phone down, then when I need to use it I start it up and it just reboots. How can 2 Lg G2 phones in 2 weeks have this same issue?? I cannot find anyone else on Google that is having this issue and no one at the store has brought their phone in w this issue. About to try my 3rd lg g2 and if it does the same, going with the note 3.

Posted via Android Central App

HD_Renegade

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I had read that there was a bad batch of G2's out there, and I think I read about some of the people posting about it in the Verizon Community Forum. You might look there or over on the XDA forums.

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
This has happened to me maybe 3 times in the last month. Haven't thought much about it since it reboots so quickly.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I am on my second LG G2 phone in the last 2 weeks and it just randomly restarts/reboots on its own! I am livid. I just went to Verizon and they said maybe it's an app that is causing the phone to restart so I deleted any apps that I thought might cause this. Still the same, I put the phone down, then when I need to use it I start it up and it just reboots. How can 2 Lg G2 phones in 2 weeks have this same issue?? I cannot find anyone else on Google that is having this issue and no one at the store has brought their phone in w this issue. About to try my 3rd lg g2 and if it does the same, going with the note 3.

When you get your next G2, only install the apps you use one at a time and give it some time before installing other apps. Statistically speaking, the chance that you would get two phones that exhibit the same problem while there is no other wide reports of the same failure is slim. Looking at the apps installed is a reasonable and logical approach.

That said, if you are going to use the stylus in the Note 3, why wait to see if you will have the problem with the next G2? Get the Note and enjoy that experience.

max042083

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys. I turned the lock screen off completely and now the problem is gone. As far as apps, it's the same exact apps I had on my nexus and this never happened. I never had passwords on my phones b4 so it's no biggie to me, but still frustrating this phone isn't 100%.

baja141

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
All of a sudden mine started doing the same thing. Starting to think this phone carp. I have two or three reboots. Wasnt like this at the beginning

psunami

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine did this while I had the Gmail lock screen widget enabled. I reverted back to the original Gmail on the phone, removed the widgets and I haven't had a reboot since.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
All of a sudden mine started doing the same thing. Starting to think this phone carp. I have two or three reboots. Wasnt like this at the beginning

Actually, it would be great if this phone were carp. Like the fish, they'd be everywhere!

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine did this while I had the Gmail lock screen widget enabled. I reverted back to the original Gmail on the phone, removed the widgets and I haven't had a reboot since.

I had the exact same experience. It seems the email widget on the lock screen doesn't play well with the phone.

Posted via an undisclosed location on my LG G2

jckd

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
This started happening to yesterday and it turns out it was the Dr. Web anti virus i installed in the morning. I uninstalled it and problem solved.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Good to see you all got it figured out. Most blame the device when it's almost always rogue apps. Gmail widget on the lock screen shouldn't cause reboots though. LG obviously needs to address something there...

HarvesterX?

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
For those who've put the Gmail widget on their homescreen and having this issue, are you using the LG launcher or a third party one? I've been using Nova (the LG launcheriI is great, except for the ugly folder icons which can't be customized) and haven't seen a reboot while using the Gmail widget. Maybe this only affects a handful of faulty devices, or perhaps it only occurs while using LG's launcher. If that's the case, LG just needs to clean up their launcher code. I'll let y'all know if I start seeing any reboots. So far I've had zero in the month+ that I've owned it. Gotta say though, it does boot up from a cold start ridiculously fast compared to other Android devices I've owned or used.

C_McGuire

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For those who've put the Gmail widget on their homescreen and having this issue, are you using the LG launcher or a third party one? I've been using Nova (the LG launcheriI is great, except for the ugly folder icons which can't be customized) and haven't seen a reboot while using the Gmail widget. Maybe this only affects a handful of faulty devices, or perhaps it only occurs while using LG's launcher. If that's the case, LG just needs to clean up their launcher code. I'll let y'all know if I start seeing any reboots. So far I've had zero in the month+ that I've owned it. Gotta say though, it does boot up from a cold start ridiculously fast compared to other Android devices I've owned or used.

For me, the Gmail widget works fine if it's on a home screen; it's if I use the widget on a lock screen that causes the phone to reboot when I unlock it.

I took the widget off one of my lock screens and no more rebooting.

Justin Lee3

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I've had the same problem!

This happened to me, but as the other users pointed out it was after placing the Gmail widget and having a lock screen. I just removed the Gmail widget, let's see if that solves the problem.

trailz

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
On my second g2. The first one fell out of my pocket and didn't survive. This g2 came from asurion. Was new in the box.(as far as I know,still has protective plastic on it) this phone freezes and reboots constantly. I tried factory data resets. Rebooting on my own. Went as far as installing CyanogenMod.

It seems to happen when unlocking the phone or when trying to start an app.. Since cyanogen I have only had two reboots. Both times were while unlocking the phone..

I'm not running any widgets on the lock screen. Infact the only widget I'm running is poweramp, guess I'll disable that and see what happens.

I called asurion since it was just replaced, and they said I had 12months warranty for defects.but, They said that they don't have any more g2s and didn't know if anymore were coming in? Wtf? They offered me an s4 in exchange. I declinded the offer and contemplating what to do now. After my most recent reboot I'm ready to do something. Maybe ask for a HTC one instead.

This phone is pretty awesome in every way except for being ridiculously sensitive to gravity and this rebooting nonsense.

neeko23

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site

I got my Phone Friday and its Sunday and its rebooted 10 times already! I'm really pissed about the fact and I hope I have no problems at the store